Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Credit Cards

Useful Credit Card Perk - Extended Warranty Protection

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 7:17 AM
On the personal finance blog WiseBread, Elizabeth Lang describes how she used the extended warranty protection offered by her American Express card when her microwave stopped working just under 2 years after the purchase. The claim process turned out to be quick and easy. Have you benefited from credit card extended warranty protection programs?
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,442 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 123,743
1. Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 12:25 PM
Yes but I have the Mastercard Extended Warranty.  I choose my credit card by what kind of Extended Warranty they have.  It saves money since we never have to purchase extra store warranties on products.  I haven't used it recently but in the past, they always had local service centers we could take the product to and get it fixed for no charge.  We pay no annual fee for our Mastercard so even tho we don't make extra money on purchases, I still keep it.  Many cards will start one off with a "no annual fee" but later stick one on you.  Mastercard has never tried to charge us for the card up to this date.  What happens in the future is another question but if they do, I will change cards.
paoli2paoli21,142 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,104