Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Problems At Wells Fargo Website May Indicate New Cyber Attack

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 10:49 AMWells Fargo Bank - Details
This was posted at Wells Fargo's Facebook page:
We're seeing an unusually high volume of traffic which is creating slow or intermittent access to our website for some online customers. The vast majority of customers are not impacted, but for those who are, you can still conduct your banking via stores, ATMs or by phone at 1-800-TO-WELLS (1-800-869-3557) as we work to resolve the issue.

Thanks to reader who emailed me this news. Last week there were reports that Mideast hackers were getting ready for another wave of DDoS attacks.

The WSJ just published the article, Problems at Wells Fargo Website.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,469 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,074
1. Wednesday, December 19, 2012 - 11:28 AM
On this same subject, I would like to share a problem I had trying to access Fidelity Brokerage's account info for a family member.  I was appalled to see that as soon as I clicked on their "login" the area for the account number and password automatically filled in and all I had to do was click on "login" and all the account information appeared.  This meant any hacker or other person could do the same and get into my DP's information.  I called Fidelity immediately and told them their name seemed to be at the top of the list for the Spring Hackers so why wasn't the account more secured?

It seems that if one checks the box which appears asking if you want them to remember your password, it not only remembers it for you but it causes all your information to appear for anyone who tries to get into your account.  The rep told me how to go into my computer and delete this permanently so that the account could be protected and we would have to remember the password in order to access in future.  If anyone on here has checked these boxes to "remember the password", they might want to make sure their information is still protected especially with the Spring Hacker loaming  over our accounts. 
paoli2paoli21,369 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,999