Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Fed’s $4 Trillion Rescue Helps Hedge Fund As Savers Hurt

Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 7:00 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-20/fed-s-4-trillion-rescue-helps-hedge-fund-as-savers-hurt.html

Sorry unable to post above link in clickable form as that feature apperas to be unsupported.  Please copy the link and paste it into your browser.  It's a good read.
KaightKaight24 posts since
Dec 5, 2011
Rep Points: 602
1. Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 8:51 AM
Here you go Kaight. Your post is now in clickable form. By the way, are you using Firefox?

Fed’s $4 Trillion Rescue Helps Hedge Fund as Savers Hurt - Bloomberg
ShorebreakShorebreak2,613 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,167
2. Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 1:46 PM
Here you go Kaight. Your post is now in clickable form. By the way, are you using Firefox?

Fed’s $4 Trillion Rescue Helps Hedge Fund as Savers Hurt - Bloomberg

Thank you, Shorebreak, I appreciate the assist.  Not running Firefox (used to).  Now running Chrome under XP SP3.
Dec 5, 2011
3. Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 2:00 PM
Shorebreak:  Knight isn't the only poster who doesn't know how to do that special magic to get the urls in blue with the lines under them to click on.  I tried what another poster wrote and it still doesn't appear like yours.  I am using Firefox.  Is Firefox the problem?  Thanks!
paoli2paoli21,372 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,010
4. Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 3:01 PM
If you are having trouble posting clickable links and are not using a version of Internet Explorer as a browser there is a work around to accomplish the task. If you notice above the blank space where you post there is a group of tools including two small chain link symbols, one complete and one broken. After pasting the url of the site you want to post (in black) left click and highlight it. Then right click on it and select copy. Left click on the complete chain link symbol to open it. Paste it into the Link URL space.  Then left click on Insert. Voila!
Apr 6, 2010
5. Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 5:07 PM
Shorebreak:  I just posted a link to the Community Bank thread.  It is about medicine and has nothing to do with the thread.  I accidentally was practicing your method on the wrong thread.  But it works!!  Thank you so much!
paoli2paoli21,372 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,010
6. Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 7:51 PM
Re: Paoli2 @ 5. Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 5:07 PM

You are welcome. I don't know why Firefox and Chrome can't make this automatic like Internet Explorer.
Apr 6, 2010
7. Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 8:37 PM
Re: Paoli2 @ 5. Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 5:07 PM

You are welcome. I don't know why Firefox and Chrome can't make this automatic like Internet Explorer.

I've a slightly different take.  This failure is a function of the website design, not the Firefox or Chrome browsers.  MSIE used to be the dominant browser, but today roughly 25% of folks are using Chrome, with large numbers of internet users also on Firefox, to say nothing of Opera and Safari.  Regardless, some website designers lack ability to deal with the variations.  Most browsers other than MSIE adhere to standards.  Mickeysoft purposefully ignores these standards to take advantage or the aforementioned inability.  The wizards of Washington state want things this way.  They want people like me to suffer because of a decision not to use their MSIE product.  They want Chrome and Firefox users to return to MSIE.  In my case, this will happen when he!! freezes over.

At least now I understand why my Chrome spellchecker does not work here.  This website is totally Chrome unfriendly . . . and possibly Firefox unfriendly, as well.  That's not the fault of either browser, both of which are correctly designed I assure you.  That's more than I can say for this website.   
Dec 5, 2011
8. Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 8:54 PM
Re: Kaight @ 7. Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 8:37 PM

"I've a slightly different take.  This failure is a function of the website design, not the Firefox or Chrome browsers."

Oh well, we just deal with it, don't we?
Apr 6, 2010
9. Friday, December 21, 2012 - 4:07 PM
I haven't read the linked article yet, but I use FF and just posted a new thread and didn't have to do anything special to get the link to be clickable.

Anyway, now on to reading the article.
ChrisCDChrisCD70 posts since
Nov 18, 2010
Rep Points: 457
10. Friday, December 21, 2012 - 4:15 PM
The fact is pushing rates to basically 0 percent is beyond accomdative.  Heck when the rates were at 2.00% they were still plenty accomodating.  And many people don't trust stocks or Wall St. so they just hang on to the cash, thus many banks and credit unions are flooded with it and don't really need to pay higher rates to compete for it.
ChrisCDChrisCD70 posts since
Nov 18, 2010
Rep Points: 457
11. Friday, December 21, 2012 - 5:01 PM
The fact is pushing rates to basically 0 percent is beyond accomdative.  Heck when the rates were at 2.00% they were still plenty accomodating.  And many people don't trust stocks or Wall St. so they just hang on to the cash, thus many banks and credit unions are flooded with it and don't really need to pay higher rates to compete for it.

Acknowledged.  Thanks.  I am respectful of your input and I edited my earlier post as a result of what you wrote.  I've no recent Firefox experience and certainly not here on this website.

It does not work properly for me with Chrome.  That's all I can say with certainty about this website.
Dec 5, 2011