Community Bank of Trenton recently introduced its RCA product called "Moolah Checking." The account currently pays a bonus interest rate of 4.00% (4.07% APY).
Minimum requirements to earn the bonus interest rate each qualification cycle:
- 12 debit card transactions (post and clear)
- 1 direct deposit
- $1,000 minimum balance
- $15,000 maximum balance
Other important features of this account:
- The minimum opening deposit is $100.
- The minimum balance to avoid a monthly fee is $500.
- Up to 12 free starter checks can be printed for each new account.
- Customers who meet all the qualifications will have ATM fees refunded, up to $10 per qualification cycle.
- The portion of any account balance over $15,000 earns .10% APY.
- Customers who do not meet all the qualifications earn .10% APY on the entire account balance.
Residents of St. Clair, Randolph, Marion, Clinton, Madison and Bond Counties in Illinois can open an account online; however, it's quicker to open the account in person at the bank so that the signature card and application for online banking can be signed.
Anybody living across the river in Missouri can open an account in person at the bank's office in Trenton, IL. (The bank is located only 30 miles east of downtown St. Louis and just south of U.S. 50.)