Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Signs That We're Entering A Period Of Rising Rates And Inflation?

Monday, January 7, 2013 - 5:48 AM
This Seeking Alpha article makes the case that we are at a turning point marking the change from a Treasury bull market to a Treasury bear market with interest rates trending higher for many years to come. I'm still worried that it may take many years before we get a sustained period of rising rates.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,468 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,029
1. Monday, January 7, 2013 - 8:15 AM
Do you really believe the Fed will allow interest rates to rise any time soon with the financial crisis we are in?  We can't afford to pay what we owe China and the others now so how can they let it get higher?  Would love to get higher CD rates but just can't see them allowing it.
paoli2paoli21,367 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,991
2. Monday, January 7, 2013 - 4:08 PM
I've lived in the USA for many, many years and seen a great variety of economic circumstances.  By far the worst of all, IMO, was stagflation.  We already have the "stag" part, with no prospects for recovery from that for the next four years.  Romney was our last hope, and he is toast.  So I surely hope the "flation" part does not come along now.  I was unable to figure out how to beat stagflation under Nixon.  And I still don't know how to beat it.
KaightKaight24 posts since
Dec 5, 2011
Rep Points: 602