Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

How To Find 2013 Form 1040 ES

Saturday, February 2, 2013 - 10:49 AM
For posters who do Estimated Taxes and do not want to wait unt 2/25/13 (date given by IRS for available vouchers) to do their Estimated taxes, you  can find the vouchers at this website:

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Free-File:-Do-Your-Federal-Taxes-for-Free

One must register and login and then can access the forms needed to either Free-File taxes or just find the forms needed and print them out to use.  I have already done my Federal and State taxes and usually send in Voucher #1 to pay the entire Estimated Tax due for the year at this time. It saves me the bother of having to do the quarterly vouchers.  My relative who was an Enrolled Agent until he recently retired advised me it could be done this way and I have never had a problem from the IRS.  However, this year I was told by the IRS that Form 1040 ES would not be available on their webpage or for mailing until 2/25/13.  My relative found it for me on their own webpage which I have listed above.  I logined, accessed Form 1040, typed in needed info (names, address, SSNs) and then added 2013 Form 1040 ES to box for forms.  It gave me the form I needed with our typed info already on the form and all I had to do was type in the amount of payment.  I then printed out the form which I will mail when I mail our taxes soon.

For any early tax filers, who do estimated taxes, this information may be helpful.  It is misleading for the IRS not to tell people how they can still access the 2013 1040 ES vouchers before 2/25/13, imo.
paoli2paoli21,370 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,005
1. Saturday, February 2, 2013 - 5:36 PM
What is your hurry to give the IRS your money Paoli2?
ShorebreakShorebreak2,608 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,146
2. Saturday, February 2, 2013 - 6:02 PM
Shorebreak:  I have too many other things I am responsible for so I always get it done in February so I can go on to other things.  With interest rates this low, it's not like I am going to make lots of money letting it sit in a savings account.  Probably most posters here do the quarterly payments to hold on to their funds longer but with me getting it paid and going on to my other responsibilities is more important.  The line at the post office is shorter if I go in February too.  Just my personal way to do things.
paoli2paoli21,370 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,005
3. Saturday, February 2, 2013 - 6:24 PM
Never mind.
ShorebreakShorebreak2,608 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,146