Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

IF YOU OWN A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD...You Must Watch This!

Saturday, February 2, 2013 - 6:02 PM
Check your newer credit cards for the Wi-Fi Symbol on it. You need to watch the video below to know why.

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/l...Hw%26sns=e
ShorebreakShorebreak2,621 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,210
1. Saturday, February 2, 2013 - 6:23 PM
Thanks for the info, Shore.  I checked my new Chase Visa ATM card and my regular Mastercard.  Both seem free of the problem spoken about in the video.  I will be sure to keep a watch for the problem if I get new cards.  It is so aggravating that they seem to be making it even easier for theives to steal from innocent people.  We just have to keep warning each other so we can be prepared.  Thanks for watching out for us and sharing this!
paoli2paoli21,372 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,011
2. Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 8:17 PM
WTHR_The Risk inside your credit card - YouTube

Here is the link to same video that is not so huge.
jshannonjshannon5 posts since
Apr 9, 2010
Rep Points: 159
3. Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 10:11 PM
I'm not surprised the least. I've always been suspicious of ANY wireless data transfer, especially banking, e.g., via cell phone. I will NEVER jump on that bandwaggon, no matter what. Just not worth the risk and aggravation. How stupid do banks think we are? Well, I guess a good chunk of people are that stupid (or gullible). Don't come crying when your carelessness and/or desire for meaningless convenience and/or being among the up-to-date in crowd bites you in your bum.
darkdreamer4udarkdreamer4u174 posts since
Jun 11, 2010
Rep Points: 632
4. Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 8:22 AM
I'm not surprised the least. I've always been suspicious of ANY wireless data transfer, especially banking, e.g., via cell phone. I will NEVER jump on that bandwaggon, no matter what. Just not worth the risk and aggravation. How stupid do banks think we are? Well, I guess a good chunk of people are that stupid (or gullible). Don't come crying when your carelessness and/or desire for meaningless convenience and/or being among the up-to-date in crowd bites you in your bum.

Chase just sends out blink cards to replace your existing card. I never asked for blink, Chase just sent me one.
billbill3 posts since
Jan 18, 2010
Rep Points: 13
5. Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 3:31 PM
Can I just drill a little hole through that chip?
SandraSandra7 posts since
Aug 20, 2010
Rep Points: 104
6. Tuesday, April 2, 2013 - 12:04 PM
As many as 85 percent of all identity theft victims find out about the crime only when they are denied credit or employment, contacted by the police, or have to deal with collection agencies, credit cards and bills. A study on the aftermath of an identity theft by the non profit Theft Resource Center found that victims spend 600 hours recovering from the crime because they must contact and work with credit card companies, banks, credit bureaus, and law enforcement. This time can add up to as much as $16,000 in lost wages or income. For more information check here
Moderated by KenBDG - Removed link. Please see forum policy regarding new members and links.
thomaseric228thomaseric22813 posts since
Apr 2, 2013
Rep Points: 16
7. Friday, April 12, 2013 - 4:40 PM
I have question that If the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, The First Lady, The Vice President, and Beyonce Can Be Identity Theft Victims, Is Anyone Safe? Please any one having idea then let me know
thomaseric228thomaseric22813 posts since
Apr 2, 2013
Rep Points: 16