Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Budgeting and Taxes

Couples Squabble Over Money Five Times Per Year

Monday, March 11, 2013 - 5:23 PM
The road to retirement is tough enough without having to pull over to fight about money and budgets.  But that’s exactly what U.S. couples do regularly, fighting about money five times every year, according to investment firm TD Ameritrade.

Couples Squabble Over Money Five Times Per Year | Home | Get the best rates on mortgage, home equity loans, CD, money markets and checking accounts | BankingMyWay
ShorebreakShorebreak2,381 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 12,707
1. Monday, March 11, 2013 - 7:08 PM
Ugh!  That article makes it look like we have a lot of sneaky couples trying to live together.  No wonder there are so many divorces.  I have a great solution for this problem.  Only allow "one" of the partners to handle the finances and you will have nothing to squabble about. Has worked for upteen years in our arrangement.  Sometimes I even get in a good mood (when I am not reading some of Shore's articles) and actually tell him which banks "we" use. :)  It's really just a matter of knowing which person is better at handling finances and go from there.  My partner finds finances very boring so I just typed up a folder for "when I am gone".
paoli2paoli21,149 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,123
2. Monday, March 11, 2013 - 7:54 PM
Yep, arguing got me to where I am today. Back to doing my own.
klinkklink85 posts since
Dec 8, 2012
Rep Points: 228
3. Monday, March 11, 2013 - 7:54 PM
Re: paoli2 @ 1. Monday, March 11, 2013 - 7:08 PM

"Sometimes I even get in a good mood (when I am not reading some of Shore's articles) and actually tell him which banks "we" use. :)"

You want GOOD news? OK. The Dow hit another record high today, home prices are going up and interest rates will remain at record lows for the next few years. It can't get any better than that.
ShorebreakShorebreak2,381 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 12,707
4. Monday, March 11, 2013 - 9:33 PM
Re: Shore:  It can get better than that.  I can always hypnotize myself into not reading your posts in the morning! :) Nah!  I might even smile once in the day and DP wouldn't recognize me.  Have a good evening anyway.
paoli2paoli21,149 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,123