Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Comments and Questions

FOX Business Interview With Bancvue CEO About Kasasa Reward Checking Accounts

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 11:37 AM
Lori Rothman from FOX Business recently interviewed Bancvue’s CEO, Gabe Krajicek, about Kasasa Cash accounts (reward checking accounts). Video and transcript of the interview are available in this Kasasa blog post.

Most of the info Krajicek provided is well-known for us savers. However, he did give some interesting stats about Kasasa accounts. Some excerpts:
LORI: We’re looking at a graphic here showing a range of five to fifty thousand dollars. That’s quite wide. What questions should I be asking to find out what I would be eligible for?

GABE: Well everybody’s eligible for the account if they go to Kasasa.com they can just find what account has the right cap for them. Most consumers–about 75%–have balances less than 5000 dollars. So having a cap, you know, that 50000 dollars throws a huge net and allows average everyday consumers to get the same kind of interest rates that heretofore were only available to America’s wealthiest consumers.

LORI: How much interest have you guys that paid out so far with this program?

GABE: In the last four years we’ve paid out 67 million dollars, which I’m pretty proud of. On free account with no minimum balance that’s pretty awesome.

Ken TuminKen Tumin5,442 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 123,688