Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to General Questions/Other

Changes Are Coming To The Ally Online Banking Login Over The Next Few Weeks

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 6:11 AMAlly Bank - Details
I just noticed this change alert when I logged into my Ally account:
Changes are coming to the Ally Online Banking login over the next few weeks. Look for a cleaner, simpler design, including removal of the SafeKeys phrase.

[...]

The SafeKeys phrase is being removed so that you have one less thing to remember when you log in. You can log in to Ally Online Banking with confidence, knowing your information is protected– just look for your Trusted Image.

[...]

We never stop working to safeguard your information and keep pace with advanced security technologies – which is why we'll be enhancing your login security in the upcoming months. Look for our emails announcing these updates.

The SafeKeys never bothered me. I prefer the extra security step to reduce the chance that hackers will find a way to access my account. I guess removing SafeKeys may make it eaiser for Mint.com users, but it would be better if Ally followed Capital One 360 on the use of PF Access Codes.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,442 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 123,687
1. Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 6:46 AM
I dreaded the pending changes.  Last time they changed their website; it was definitely for the worse, especially in ACH transfer mechanism.  It caused confusion as well as failed ACH transfers.  They also set limit for the number of ACH transferred banks one can set up (twenty or something; it used to be unlimited).   

I use Ally for most of my ACH transfers required by my multiple RCAs; thus are extremely nervous about their true motive for the pending changes.
51hh51hh1,461 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 6,350