Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Financial News

Europe Could Drop Interest Rate Below Zero On Excess Bank Deposits

Monday, May 13, 2013 - 1:57 PM
From The LA Times:
The European Central Bank could reduce the interest rate it pays on excess bank deposits to below zero to boost growth in the recession-plagued region, a top official said.

The comments over the weekend by Italian Central Bank chief Ignazio Visco, a member of the ECB's policymaking governing council, suggest bolder moves could be coming to shake the Eurozone out of its economic problems.

Read more

In the U S Federal Reserve policymakers have thus far maintained the rate at 0.25% since late 2008.
pearlbrownpearlbrown1,356 posts since
Nov 2, 2010
Rep Points: 5,954
1. Monday, May 13, 2013 - 3:13 PM

Dear perlbrown,

I wonder if the (so called) savers are feeling lucky that they are in the USA, and not in the EU?

Yours Truly,
- Anon
ytytytyt64 posts since
Feb 28, 2013
Rep Points: 197
2. Monday, May 13, 2013 - 4:00 PM
What do they consider "excess bank deposits"?  That is the question and the key to what will happen.  Can't they see that what our Federal Reserve has done with crashing interest rates is not working?  I wonder who is following who over the cliff!
paoli2paoli21,135 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,068
3. Monday, May 13, 2013 - 7:04 PM
ha pa any1 who does not have renters insurance should live in hindman kentucky and go over the cliff
onyspizzaonyspizza6 posts since
May 13, 2013
Rep Points: 12
4. Monday, May 13, 2013 - 10:14 PM
Hey Pappy, why don't you get a real life and quit posting to people who don't want to know you? Why are you so obsessed with Kentucky and especially Hindman?? 
Aug 10, 2011
5. Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 5:47 AM
live in hindmman second only to maillre stop over for a mint jupli any time
May 13, 2013
6. Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 11:17 AM
Ony:  Stay out of my PMS!!  If you can't post it here, don't waste your time or mine.  It's quite obvious you don't have a job or you wouldn't have so much free time to play on this forum. What my DP does or doesn't do is none of your business. 
Aug 10, 2011
7. Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 1:35 PM
i am retired and ps was trying to be nice recall when you were all bent because dp was shown la puerta know of a job that would suit him  as the saying goes no good deed goes unpunished  or do you suscribe to mathew  19 verse 24  play i think it is  about making the world a better place try it some time dont they have medicine for that  
May 13, 2013
8. Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 2:35 PM

Dear Paoli2,

What my DP does or doesn't do is none of your business.

Actually you have made it everybody's business, by posting repetetively about that DP thingy of yours! :-)

Noone here would have ever known that you "own" a DP, had you not posted about it.  But since you lacked the foresight, "DP" is out of the bag.  Isn't it?  :-)

Yours Truly,
- Anon
ytytytyt64 posts since
Feb 28, 2013
9. Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 3:12 PM
YT:  Excuse me but I didn't know we were not allowed to let our "DPs" out of the bag.  Should I stick DP back in a cage and pretend he/she doesn't exist?  DP is a part of my life and it is difficult to post without ever mentioning a person I have spent most of my life with.  Didn't know it would be fodder for people like yourself.  I disagree with you that one mentioning their family gives people like yourself the right to make mocking remarks about them.  I would not even consider doing that to someone else.  I will put DP back in the bag if you will put yourself back in your cage where you certainly belong.

As for my knowing Scripture verses, I have a certificate that gives me the right to preach and do many things which involves Scriptures.  So don't throw your Matthews at me or your John the Beloved.  Just because you  choose to make me out to be the "dingy" of this group doesn't mean I am any of those things.  Would you like a Bible Study? Maybe we can find one of your safer caves to do it in and even share who has found the best CD rate.  Remember, there is nothing wrong with money, it's just the "love" of money that is evil.  Try loving it less and sharing it more. 
Aug 10, 2011
10. Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 3:40 PM

My Dear Paoli2,

You are completely allowed to write about that DP of yours whose individual retirement account you (supposedly) captured even when he was (supposedly) alive and was (supposedly) not insane.  (Thought one wonders about the mental faculty he posseses - or lacks - since he made a compact with you, which according to you is "Whatever is yours is yours, and whatever is his is yours".  Right?)

Feel free to stick that DP wherever you feel is appropriate. (Who cares?)  :-)   We did not know you had a cage for your DP ... Interesting piece of detail ...  :-)

BTW, some of us might not be Catholic ... Have you considered that? ... We might be more comfortable with Constitution than the Scripture - you know.

Anyways ... Since you consider yourself literate about the Scripture, do share with us what does it say about "Usury"? ... Does it tell you to drive around town and fiind the highest interest?  ... :-) 

it's just the "love" of money that is evil.  Try loving it less and sharing it more.

Really?  ... Sure ... Wow ... Amazing ...   (I hold a rather different opinion ... that expressed by Saint Gordon:  Greed is good.  :-) )

Yours Truly,
- Anon
( IN FED I TRUST  :-) )
ytytytyt64 posts since
Feb 28, 2013
11. Tuesday, May 14, 2013 - 3:44 PM
hay PAYOLA and i am sure many will agree if we take up a collection  and SHARE WITH YOU WILL  YOU CEASE AND DESIST WHAT SAY  YA YTYTYT TELL HAROLD CAMPING IF YOU TRULY HAVE A certificate that the world is not ending
May 13, 2013