Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Comments and Questions

Removing Your Hats And Sunglasses At Banks

Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 6:26 AM
Do you always remove your hats and sunglasses when you walk into your local bank or credit union branch? It is becoming common for banks and credit unions to request this, and it is often encouraged by police departments to make it harder for bank robbers. The police in one of my local cities received some publicity for advocating this.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,441 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 123,675
1. Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 8:00 AM
I've never had a request to remove my hat in any local bank or credit union where I reside. Having had an optical procedure done last week, I even wore sunglasses into my 'brick and mortar' bank. Nothing was said and I was greeted with the usual courtesy.
ShorebreakShorebreak2,365 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 12,596
2. Wednesday, May 15, 2013 - 1:43 PM
Saturday when I was waiting outside a local bank I saw the sign on the door asking customers to please remove all hats, sunglasses etc. and jokingly mentioned to the guy standing beside me if he was going to remove his hat.  He said "No".   When the bank opened he and others with hats were allowed to enter and keep hats on without a mention.  I think most banks know who their regular customers are and the signs are, hopefully, for strangers.  It is basically a joke because it is the "strangers" they need to be aware of.
paoli2paoli21,140 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,083
3. Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 9:30 AM
ha ha pa that is so funny must live in a mobile home one day blue grass state 1 day sunshine state tell us how did you get so rich
reallyreally8 posts since
May 16, 2013
Rep Points: 15