Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Sen. Warren Demands To Know Why Criminal Bankers Aren’t Being Locked Up

Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 8:36 AM
In a letter (PDF) sent to Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, Attorney General Eric Holder and SEC Chair Mary Jo White on Tuesday, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) demanded to know why the government keeps accepting financial settlements from criminal bankers when they could instead be taken to trial, convicted and locked up. 

In six short paragraphs, Warren requested that each institution turn over copies of any internal research “on the trade-offs to the public” between letting big financial firms pay a fine and walk “without admission of guilt” versus moving forward with full-scale prosecutions

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-con...cutions.pd
ShorebreakShorebreak2,602 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,080
1. Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 8:45 AM
It's unfair to tar all with the same brush, and I prefer to believe that the majority of prosecutors are committed to seeing that justice is served, regardless of who iis involved or impacted.

Having said that, I think the odds are that the government keeps accepting financial settlements for the same reason, as the joke goes, that a rattlesnake won't strike a lawyer:  professional courtesy (among crooks in this case). 
pearlbrownpearlbrown1,430 posts since
Nov 2, 2010
Rep Points: 6,246
2. Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 1:49 PM
I think it is so hypocritical for politicians to want criminal "bankers" to get jail time but when it comes to their own, all they are asked to do is "maybe" resign.  That is also only if there is a public outcry as in the latest fiasco with the IRS. Yet the guy who was asked to leave was only temporary in the first place!  He was due to leave next month!  What a joke this country is turning out to be!  Heads must roll but just make sure it is someone already planning on leaving.  The part about "a rattlesnake won't strike a lawyer" certainly extends to "politicians" too.  They seem to be protected in every way from every one.  I see a glimmer of certain Americans just beginning to wake up and what they smell is not coffee!
paoli2paoli21,365 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,982
3. Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 2:24 PM

Dear Paoli2,

Indeed hypocritical !!!!  Sort of like ... say ... yourself ... Isn't it?  :-)

You claim to be "certified" to preach, yet refuse to respond to what do the Scriptures tell you about Usury.  Do your Scriptures tell you to drive around town and grab the highest interest you can get? 

http://www.depositaccounts.com/forum/thread/13647-europe-could-drop-interest-rate-below-zero-on-excess-bank-deposits.html

I take it that "presumption of innocence" does not exist in scriptures, when it comes to politicians ... Right?  :-)  ... Glad that we - Americans - live in a society where everyone is innocent until proven guilty in the court of law. 

BTW ... we do smell coffee, not blood, when we wake up!  :-)

Yours Truly,
- Anon
In FED I Trust :-)

ytytytyt64 posts since
Feb 28, 2013
Rep Points: 197
4. Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 2:44 PM

Dear perlbrown,
It's unfair to tar all with the same brush, and I prefer to believe that the majority of prosecutors are committed to seeing that justice is served, regardless of who iis involved or impacted.

Me too ...

Yours Truly,
- Anon
ytytytyt64 posts since
Feb 28, 2013
5. Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 2:54 PM

My Dear Shorebreak.

.... No no no ... Senator Warren has made no such demand like wanting to know why criminal bankers are not locked-up.  .... She has merely requested the Honorable Chairman Bernanke et. al if their departments have conducted any study/analysis about the topic of settlement, and to forward any such material to her office ... Nothing more.

... You've given the link but have totally missed the contents of the document at that link ... :-)  

Are you making a feeble attempt of putting words into the document that don't exist?  :-)

Yours Truly,
- Anon

ytytytyt64 posts since
Feb 28, 2013
6. Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 3:40 PM
YT:  "You claim to be "certified" to preach, yet refuse to respond to what do the Scriptures tell you about Usury.  Do your Scriptures tell you to drive around town and grab the highest interest you can get? "

Ok:  You want a response.  Too bad for you.  I may be "certified" but you seem "certifiable" and in need of a great education in the Scriptures.  First of all, I am a New Testament educator and that is what I mainly enjoyed teaching. Let's take Matthew 25:27 :  I love that chapter because it is all about Jesus giving certain "talents" to followers and seeing what they would do with them.  He was not happy with the ones who wasted their talents or were afraid to use them but the ones he gave most praise to were the ones who "doubled" or made more of the talents he gave them.  If he gave them 5 talents and they returned with 10, he was very happy with them.  He did not make them feel ashamed for doubling what he gave them or how they did it. 

In our day that could mean someone who is known as a "saver".  One man has a certain amount of money and instead of trying to increase it, he wastes it and cannot help himself or anyone else.  But the "saver" can care for himself and others because he took the time to find ways to increase his money.  Do you remember where Jesus said "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's?"  Jesus even believed in our paying our taxes!  But he was very angry at the Moneychangers in the Temple!  He meant for mankind to help one another and not take advantage of each other.

Money was not a problem with Jesus.  It was the "love of money" when people were so greedy, they thought only of themselves and refused to help others.  Does that sound like what I am posting?  I have been mocked for saying how much I use my money to help my loved ones.  I am on here looking to increase my money so I can have more to use to survive and help my loved ones.  I am a very frugal person and spend very little on myself.  I think Jesus would be very happy with the way I have multiplyed what He has allowed me to receive.

BTW, your name calling and finding ways to "try" to bring out the worse in others is not good for your soul.  Yes, I still think even people like yourself can change.  "Do Unto Others as You Would Have Them Do Unto You".  That is a verse you should remember before you write your posts.  If all you want to do is bring out the worse in people, why don't you find another place to do it.  Pearl, Shorebreak, and so many others on here spend a lot of time educating us and helping us daily.  What do you contribute but vile, negative remarks trying to bring out the worse in others?   

If you want more of a Bible Study, I will be glad to give you one but NOT on Ken's valuable Forum and Blog! 

Ken:  I apologize for this post but sometimes we have to say enough is enough.
Aug 10, 2011
7. Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 4:16 PM

My Dearest Paoli2,

Err ... How about you tell us about what exactly is "Usury"? ... Why do you drive around town to grab the max "Usury" you can find?  Do your scriptures tell you to do that?  -) 

Are you by chance trying to avoid this spcific topic, as it would expose your hypocrisy?

As I indicated already, I am quite disinterested in the hearsay about what Jesus may or may not have said, because I firmly believe in what Saint Gordon (Gekko) said:  Greed is good !  :0)

Yours Truly,
- Anon

ytytytyt64 posts since
Feb 28, 2013
8. Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 4:36 PM
YT:  YOU are a perfect example of what the Scriptures meant by:  "Those who have Ears let them Hear" etc. etc. You have proven you have NO idea how to understand the Scriptures and yet you want it explained to you.  The explanation of Usary is in the Scripture Chapter I gave above.  If you can't understand that then you need to find some nice "patient" priest to confer with and leave me alone. (Just stay away from the Nuns. The ones I had used to pinch a lot.  YOU would have had so many pinches you would have changed religions, probably.)

Usuary:  The Act or practice of lending money at any rate.  (per Websters)

Now you have had enough of my time for today and I must attend to others who need me for more serious actions.
Aug 10, 2011
9. Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 4:49 PM

My Dearest Paoli2,

Websters?  ... Did they have that back when they were drafting the Scriptures?  :-)

... So you are a hypocrit because you practice  "lending money at any rate" to the bank, but on this forum try to act as if you are "holier than thou"?  ... No?  :-)

Yours Truly,
- Anon

ytytytyt64 posts since
Feb 28, 2013
10. Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 4:55 PM
yt what do you think bottom line payola  a bitter lonely old crone  eh
reallyreally8 posts since
May 16, 2013
Rep Points: 15
11. Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 5:51 PM
To: paoli2
Why do you respond to the troll? Just ignore his/her posts.
ShorebreakShorebreak2,602 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,080
12. Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 6:09 PM

Nope ...  I don't think so ...

I think:   a bitter lonely old hypocrit crone

She searches her town for best Usury, she can get Searches the blogs for best "Usury",

.... Tries to quote "compassionate" Jesus, but says that "heads must roll" ... Really? ... Straight-up death-penalty without a trial?

... Perhaps Taliban will find some use for her in their "juduciary" branch of government !!  :-)

Yours Truly,
- Anon
ytytytyt64 posts since
Feb 28, 2013
13. Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 7:19 PM
hay ben what happened to the sports car totaled on the garden state for pa no it is mathew 19  24 and you call your self  learned check out harold camping
May 16, 2013
14. Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 7:27 PM
paoli if you are truly christian then you must get a big tax refund  for i am sure you give your thithing to the church  that be 10 percnet  por supuesto
May 16, 2013
15. Thursday, May 16, 2013 - 9:09 PM
really:  Mat 19:24 is referring to the type of "Rich"man who is selfish and greedy and worships his/her money.  Is that you?  It's certainly not me and I am certainly not a camel so I think I can get through that "eye".   One thing about the Bible is that anyone can interpret it in so many different ways.  Goodnight.
Aug 10, 2011