Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to General Discussion

Rising US Dollar

Sunday, May 19, 2013 - 12:19 PM

Dear Readers,

At present, there is no currency is the world that comes even close to our own US Dollar as the only reserve currency.  Not Euro, not Yen, not Great British Pound and not Chinese Renminbi.

Recently our Greenback has risen in comparison to the most other currencies.  Following link will show the 2 year chart of our Greenback in coparison to Euro.  (I'm using two ETFs as proxies.)

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=UUP&t=2y&l=off&z=l&q=l&c=FXE

This fact, I suspect poses a double-whammy of sorts to the naysayers who forecast the "destruction of US dollar" and "triple digit inflation".  How?

First, the state of our currency is strong, and second since it is rising, hence the buying power it has has increased, further dampening the inflation!  This surely is a welcome news for the Patrotic Americans. (Not so much for the perennial pessimists!)

Yours Truly,
- Anon
In FED I Trust  :-)

ytytytytytytytyt158 posts since
Jan 28, 2013
Rep Points: 623
1. Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 11:34 AM
Dear Readers,

Notwithstanding the scare-mongering of the pessimists, the US Dollar has continued its rise. Japanese Yen, Euro, Australian Dollar, and even Canadian Dollar have depreciated against the Greenbacks.  US Dollar is strong and is rising! 

Yours Truly,
- Anon
In FED I Trust  :-)
ytytytytytytytyt158 posts since
Jan 28, 2013
Rep Points: 623