Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Bernanke Out By August, QE Ends, Rates Up: Crash

Thursday, May 23, 2013 - 8:09 PM
From mild to wild...

Commentary: "Prepare now because easy money will dry up"

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/bernanke-out-by-august-qe-ends-rates-up-crash-2013-05-22
ShorebreakShorebreak2,696 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,620
1. Friday, May 24, 2013 - 9:19 AM
Shorebreak:  Do you own lots of stock in Mylanta?  Why do I read your posts so early in the morning??  Ok, I know.  You just want to prepare us in time but the majority of people ignore such articles.  No one really knows when the roller coaster caused by Bernanke will crash or what the next guy/gal will do to "protect" (?) us.   I am one of those people who has to read the ending of a book before I read it so I will know if I am going to like it.  One thing about this economy is that no one can read the "ending" ahead of time so I don't think I like this book.
paoli2paoli21,406 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,152
2. Friday, May 24, 2013 - 9:58 AM
Shorebreak:  Do you own lots of stock in Mylanta?

Sorry, No. "In November 2010 Mylanta was voluntarily recalled due to what is described as some labelling concerns. According to sources within the company at that time, these concerns stemmed from the fact that small traces of alcohol were found in the flavoring agents of the liquid version of the antacid which was not disclosed on the labelling itself, and that the problem would be rectified "shortly". However, the product remains unavailable as of December 2012. Generic liquid antacids comparable to Mylanta are now available (e.g., under the brand name "equaline", or CVS, among others)."
ShorebreakShorebreak2,696 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,620
3. Friday, May 24, 2013 - 11:54 AM
Creeps! Thank goodness, I am a cheepo and just buy the Equate brand!  You gave me a scare there, Shorebreak.  I have an on-going relationship with that stuff especially since interest rates crashed! :)  Any other info you want to share?  You have become my one-man library of "all" kinds of info.  Maybe I should list all the other junk I take and get your decision on them too. :)  Seriously, thanks.
paoli2paoli21,406 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,152