Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

To Buy Or Not To Buy Stocks:

Friday, May 24, 2013 - 7:11 AM
From Chuck Jaff of MarketWatch.com:

Bernanke dares you to buy stocks - Chuck Jaffe - MarketWatch

"“Individual investors are starting to come into the market some, which I hate to see now that the market is at a high,” said Jeffrey Hirsch, co-author of the Stock Trader’s Almanac. “It would have been better last fall, when we had a major buy signal, or at some other time. But there’s always going to be a time that might be better, the problem is that if you just missed the last good time to get in the market, how do you know you will recognize the next ‘best time.’

“With the Fed providing a tailwind of liquidity,” he added, “I don’t think there will be a downdraft until Bernanke takes the punch bowl away. … But investors who want to take a chance now need to keep perspective on the risk versus the reward.”

Clearly, balancing risk requires diversification, not going all-or-nothing on Bernanke’s wager. It also means looking at the market not entirely in terms of percentages, but in real-dollar terms."

I personally think to be a bit conservative for Summer is good; come back into the market during Thanksgiving.
51hh51hh1,476 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 6,426