Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Investments

30-Year Treasury Auction Tails, Bonds Fall

Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 1:48 PM
The results of today's 30-year Treasury auction are out.  The highest yield at the auction was 3.355%, above the 3.324% "when-issued" level.  In other words, the auction "tailed," indicating weak demand.

Bonds were selling off on the news but "volatility" is the word for all the markets these days.

30-Year US Treasury Auction June 13 - Business Insider

(Wil: Go to the store and get those Camel non-filters and a bottle of Brandy.  Paoli2: Buy a case of Mylanta.)
ShorebreakShorebreak2,368 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 12,625
1. Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 2:01 PM
The results of today's 30-year Treasury auction are out.  The highest yield at the auction was 3.355%, above the 3.324% "when-issued" level.  In other words, the auction "tailed," indicating weak demand.

Bonds are selling off on the news.

30-Year US Treasury Auction June 13 - Business Insider

(Wil: Get to the store and get those Camel non-filters and a bottle of Brandy.  Paoli2: Buy a case of Mylanta.)

Aren't you just full of "good news"! I found the brandy, which is usually used for cooking, in the pantry. But I'll need to go out to get the Camels. Thanks for the advisory.

Remainder of the original comment removed on account of the reaction of the next comment, which made me realize that my bantering may have gotten a little carried away, although I think that reaction is overblown (no pun intended).

WilWil242 posts since
Feb 26, 2010
Rep Points: 1,281
2. Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 3:15 PM
W
paoli2paoli21,142 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,091
3. Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 3:45 PM
Wil:  I don't need Mylanta because of Shore's news, I need to stop reading your posts about how you are destroying your body.  BTW, I have posted earlier on other sites.  I didn't just come on.  Seriously, do you have to practically blow cig smoke into my lungs too?  When you post about your "joyful" intakes I can almost smell the smoke in my apartment.  I don't need Mylanta, I need Lysol! 

Indians spoke the Peace Pipe not cigs.  Aren't you supposed to be using a pipe if you are part Indian?  Now we are on Brandy too??  You are pulling my leg and you are going to be in for a shock if it ends up in you hand! :)  (Figure that one out while you huff, and puff, and guzzle your beer and brandy and stain everything in your house with cig smoke.)

Remember we are just "bantering" so I don't have to take anything you post seriousely.  (Thank goodness!)  Far be it from me to tell anyone else how to live their lives.  That's a lie!  I do it all the time but only to people I care about helping survive.  So quit scaring me with all this stuff about smoking and drinking.  I bet you are really a tea-totler and can't stand cigs.  That's a lie too.  Your posts are too real to be fake. 
Paoli,

I guess I might have gotten carried away with the bantering. I certainly didn't intend to anger you. The brandy comment was an exaggeration, though I did mention it's usually used for cooking, pretty much I just stick to wine and beer. But if you are offended, I'll go back and edit my last post to remove what offends you.

My previous comment at 2:01 PM has since been edited.
WilWil242 posts since
Feb 26, 2010
4. Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 5:06 PM
Wil:  Let's get something straight before I leave.  I was not offended by your post but concerned since I did not know how much was bantering and how much was real.  Due to personal problems in my family with alcohol and cigarettes, I did take your posts too seriously.  This was my fault.  I should not have participated in the posts or think that what happened in my family could happen to you.  Some people have more control than others with drinking and smoking. Thank you if you will understand my reactions and the reasons for them.

Paoli
paoli2paoli21,142 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,091
5. Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 5:13 PM
I'll respond to both of your latest posts later this evening, after I've had more time to reflect, and besides soon I'll have to prepare dinner (it will be a light meal, as I had attended a buffet lunch at midday). I am now composing a reply to you via PM. I'll let you know when it is sent by editing this post again. My PM is sent.
WilWil242 posts since
Feb 26, 2010
6. Thursday, June 13, 2013 - 6:47 PM
Chairman Ben to the rescue. He won't let equities get hit...

U.S. equities extended gains today after the Wall Street Journal reported that the Fed may “push back” on market expectations of higher interest rates. Bernanke has repeatedly said a reduction in the Fed’s $85 billion in monthly bond purchases wouldn’t mean an end to record easing.
ShorebreakShorebreak2,368 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 12,625