Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Financial News

Everyone's Nuts About Fed Speeches And Econ Data, And We're Gonna Get A Ton Of Them This Week

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 8:43 PM
This week, eight Federal Reserve officials will be speaking as at least ten critical economic reports come out.

Buckle up.

Monday Scouting Report, June 24, 2013 - Business Insider
ShorebreakShorebreak2,371 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 12,641
1. Monday, June 24, 2013 - 10:03 AM
SB gave very good advice here: Buckle up.:-)
51hh51hh1,461 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 6,351
2. Monday, June 24, 2013 - 10:08 AM
I have better advice.  Pull out the plugs on all tvs, radios, computers and refuse to read any articles for a month!  What else can we do since now we know Mylanta is too dangerous to gulp down? 
paoli2paoli21,142 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,093
3. Monday, June 24, 2013 - 12:17 PM
Re: paoli2 @ 2. Monday, June 24, 2013 - 10:08 AM

1. So you are not even going to read Ken's blog?

2. The Mylanta recall is underway because the labels on these products do not note the presence of alcohol from flavoring agents. Some flavoring agents contribute a minute amount (less than 1 percent) of alcohol, and although this amount is unlikely to cause any alcohol sensitivity or absorption related problems, Johnson & Johnson is recalling the products to update the labeling.
Apr 6, 2010
4. Monday, June 24, 2013 - 3:12 PM
Shorebreak:  Shame on you!  Not reading Ken's Blog is like not going to Church on Sunday.  (Come to think of it, I don't go to Church on Sundays.)  But if I did, Ken't Blog would be that important to me.  I just won't read "Your" posts.  :)  Now you see why I don't go to Church?  I am such a liar!  I have to read your posts.  What would I have to fight with DP about after getting upset by your information?  Your posts keeps my blood pressure high and even Mylanta can't stop that.  So alcohol was the problem.  No wonder my stomach burns after taking it.  I was getting boozed up on Mylanta.  What a joke on me.   Too bad you had to tell me.  I am more fun when I am drunk. :)

So keep those posts coming SB!  We teatotalers need them to keep us off the wagon.  (Or is it "on the wagon?")  Whatever.   Have a nice day. 
Aug 10, 2011
5. Monday, June 24, 2013 - 4:05 PM
Paoli:

If you're such a "liar," then I think you really need to get to church! Pardon me, please, but the 'good Catholic boy' just couldn't resist the opening you gave there. Shorebreak seems to be warning us to get out of bonds: is it too early? Or do we disregard his warning calls at our own peril? But if the bond market tanks, will stocks not follow? What to do? I'm beginning to wonder if Shorebreak is a modern-day Cassandra, cursed to foresee the future and have nobody believe her (or him)! Now I may need some of your Mylanta . . . the alcohol might not be such a good idea after all, if we need to be watchful of the markets and nimble enough to act. At least your CDs, low in yield as they are, won't drop in value, except to the extent that the dollar drops in value. Have a nice day, too!
WilWil242 posts since
Feb 26, 2010
Rep Points: 1,281
6. Monday, June 24, 2013 - 4:16 PM
Wil:  I do hope the "good Catholic boy" in you understands that I don't consider myself a "Liar".  You should be enough of a scholar to recognize the entire post was basically made in jest.  Goodness me!  Can't we look for CDs and have a bit of fun too?  You are more than welcome to an entire case of the Mylanta.  I am a very generous person except for sharing my CDs. :)   You have an even nicer day!
Aug 10, 2011
7. Monday, June 24, 2013 - 6:07 PM
Re: Wil @ 5. Monday, June 24, 2013 - 4:05 PM

"I'm beginning to wonder if Shorebreak is a modern-day Cassandra, cursed to foresee the future and have nobody believe her (or him)!"

Surely not a "Cassandra". Don't give me too much credit here. Perhaps the designated 'Oracle' might apply. I find a good rack of Texas babyback ribs, that fall-off the bone, with Ranch Style beans, potato salad and washed-down with a couple bottles of Shiner Bock beer solves everything. Oh, that's right, I have to check on the ones I have going in about 15 minutes.
Apr 6, 2010
8. Monday, June 24, 2013 - 7:16 PM
Paoli:

Of course I understood your 3:12 PM post was in jest, as was mine. 

About the Mylanta, keep your case. I may have gotten carried away with "Cassandra" Shorebreak's latest warnings and forgotten the chalky taste. But thanks for the offer anyway! Now, "Cassandra's" Texas ribs sound a little more inviting! And his beer even more so, but I have never heard of Shiner Bock . . . Shorebreak, any Yuengling down in your neck of woods?

WilWil242 posts since
Feb 26, 2010
Rep Points: 1,281