Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Sheila Bair: Why Janet Yellen Should Succeed Ben Bernanke

Monday, July 22, 2013 - 3:33 PM
Sheila Bair, the former FDIC Chairman, weighs in on the next Fed chairman in this FORTUNE article. She does mention one positive attribute:
Unlike Larry Summers, Tim Geithner, and other Bob Rubin -- minions frequently mentioned in the financial press as potential Bernanke successors -- she was not part of the deregulatory cabal that got us into the 2008 financial crisis.

However, Bair does point out one downside that we know well. She's an inflation dove:
The one issue about Yellen that does have legitimacy is her dovish stance on monetary policy. Regrettably, she has been a strong advocate of the Fed's unprecedented bond buying and zero interest rate policies (ZIRP).

Read more
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,471 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,634
1. Monday, July 22, 2013 - 4:32 PM
Thank you Ken for posting this article. At this time, due to non-associated medical reasons, I'll be withholding my opinion regarding the endorsement of Janet Yellen by Ms. Bair.  I do not wish to increase my current prescribed dosage of medication for high blood pressure.
ShorebreakShorebreak2,676 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,530
2. Monday, July 22, 2013 - 6:09 PM
Yes, thanks for the article, Ken but I sure would love to get even better news.    Goodness, SB and I finally have something in common.  The news these days will give the best of us high blood pressure but I had it even when times were good!  Must be my temperment or something.  They should give those meds to us free for what we are going through.
paoli2paoli21,401 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,135