Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Credit Cards

Barclay Arrival Card

Thursday, October 10, 2013 - 7:23 AM
Rarely am I enamored of a credit card, but the Barclay Arrival card has accomplished just that.

40,000 points bonus if you spend $1,000 in the first three months, 2.2% on all purchases if used for travel within the past three months (1% for cash or gift card redemptions).

The website is fabulous! Shows the dates of eligible travel purchases and their expiration for using points. Points are credited and available with each purchase. No need to wait for the next statement. When you redeem at 2% for travel, the bonus of 10% (.2% of the original purchase) is credited immediately and available for further instant redemption.

I used a vacation deposit to cover the $1,000 minimum right away and the 40,000 points were available. Reduced my first statement balance by $525 with the 2% bonus and points from other purchases.

The $89 annual fee is waived the first year. I had intended to cancel after then because I have a no fee Amex card that pays 2% on all purchases. But I have reconsidered because some merchants, inclufding my auto and homeowners insurance company, accept Master Card but not Amex and the insurance alone will cover 1/2 the fee.

Highly recommended.

http://www.barclaycardarrival.com/premium-travel/?campaignId=1729&od=bcarrival&cellNumber=24&REFERRERID=GGLPS0413NAT&adgroup=Barclays_Arrival_Card&pkw=%2Bbarclay+%2Barrival&pmt=b
bbugbbug7 posts since
Jun 22, 2010
Rep Points: 92