Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Central Bankers Have Gone Wild, And The World Is In Code Red

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 8:14 AM
Near-zero rates punish savers, providing almost no income to pensioners and the elderly. Everyone who thought their life's savings might carry them through their retirement has to come up with a Plan B when rates are near zero.

In the bizarre world we now inhabit, central banks and governments try to induce consumers to spend to help the economy while they take money away from savers who would like to be able to profitably invest. Rather than inducing them to consume more, they are forcing them to spend less in order to make their savings last through their final years!

Code Red World - Business Insider
ShorebreakShorebreak2,615 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,182
1. Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 8:54 AM

"Code Red will be available on Amazon on Monday, Oct. 28. You can get it here."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/code-red-world-2013-10#ixzz2ivlDAL5C This is the worse I have ever read on DA!  Whether the information is correct or not, what it really all boils down to is it is an ADVERTISEMENT to buy a BOOK!  It is solicitation pure and simple after tons of paragraphs about how the world is basically coming to an end.  That is exactly the way these authors sell their books or newsletters.  The try to frighten you and then you have to buy and read their stuff to get "the rest fo the story" to find out how to survive.   We can read the same message by googling "free" articles written by many others on the same topic.  As if we don't know everything already in this "Code Red" book.  What I want to know is what are the answers for survival?  He probably doesn't have any  because if he did, he should be sharing them with the governments who of course will ignore them. 

Should I build my "bunker" today or wait until I buy a copy of "Code Makes Me Red!"? 

paoli2paoli21,372 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,011
2. Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 5:57 PM
You should have built your "bunker" a long time ago paoli2. Evidently you are behind the times. The charts in the posted article are what you should have been paying attention to.
Apr 6, 2010
3. Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 6:49 PM
Are you bothering to read the remarks from others who read Code Red?  They seem to think it's a pile of **ap too!  Why do you have such a determination to scare everyone?  Can't you ever find anything encouraging to post about our "future"?  There is always a way out of this mess if the right people do the right thing in the "right" time.  As for my bunker, those of us who live in apartments will just have to survive under our beds with lots of Mylanta, crackers and milk! 
Aug 10, 2011
4. Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 7:18 PM
You are not forced to read my posts paoli2. I don't bother with "remarks from others" in articles. Most are from delirious trolls anyway. If you want "encouraging" news here is a site for you:

Good News Network
Apr 6, 2010
5. Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 9:34 PM
Now that's more like it SB.  I can go to sleep with happy thoughts.  Thanks for sharing.
Aug 10, 2011