Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Rate Changes, Deals and Promotions

Being Acquired

Sunday, October 27, 2013 - 12:53 PMApple Bank for Savings - Details
I received a letter dated 10/22/13 stating MYSavingsDirect.com, a division of Emigrant Bank, is acquiring Grand Yield Direct on Friday 11/22/13. They said as a courtesy to their newest customers they are making themselves available on 11/8/13, so I/we can enroll and become familiar with them prior to the transfer of Grand Yield deposits.

The APY will be 1%.

I have less than $1 left at Grand Yield. I hope the yield is a good sign of what's to come. The site doesn't seem to be available yet.
MaeclMaecl83 posts since
Jul 6, 2010
Rep Points: 654
1. Friday, November 1, 2013 - 7:45 PM
The MySavingsDirect.com web page opens now with a coming soon message.
MaeclMaecl83 posts since
Jul 6, 2010
2. Friday, November 8, 2013 - 12:15 PM
The site is now opened.  We received 2 boxed in the mail that contained a cap with sites logo & directions on how to log in after noon today.  I wasn't able to log in using my Grand Yield log in, but it did accept the account #.

After filling in new information as you would for any new account we now have to wait for test deposits to arrive at our checking account to activate the account.

Grand Yield customers should enroll between noon today (11/8) and 6 pm on 11/22.

The transfer from Grand Yield can be viewed at MySavingsDirect.com on 11/23 and have an APY of 1%.  I just hope that rate will last & not drop as other Emigrant accounts have.
MaeclMaecl83 posts since
Jul 6, 2010