Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to General Questions/Other

Nationwide Bank 2 Year CD 1.20% Or 1.25% -Why Not Listed In Depositaccounts.Com?

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 3:14 PMNationwide Bank - Details
Nationwide Bank has been mentioned a couple times this year here at DepositAccounts.com.  But it's not included in the list of 2-year CDs, and I'm wondering why.  Has something bad happened recently?  I'm considering a 2-year CD for 100K which is listed for 1.25% on its webpage.  Please rescue me from a big mistake if there's any reason why this bank has fallen out of favor.
puapua2 posts since
Jul 10, 2011
Rep Points: 117
1. Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 3:50 PM
Pua:  Did you check their early withdrawal penalties?  I could not even find Nationwide listed on Best Cash Cow or other samelike sites that list such banks and rates.  One thing I did notice is that it got some pretty bad reviews from customers who were not happy with it.  Before you put that much money into Nationwide, I would do more research on what it's standing is with Bankrate and Bauers etc.  It seems odd that it is not mentioned not only on DA but other samelike sites.
paoli2paoli21,146 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,113
2. Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 4:12 PM
I love Nationwide Bank (because of its favorable CD rates), and have been a depositor there since 2008.  It carries a four-star Bankrate rating and its CDs are listed in the rates tables on Bankrate.com.  But I've been wondering myself why its rates don't show up in the tables on Depositaccounts.com.  Presumably, Ken can explain.

OldGuyOldGuy34 posts since
Jan 23, 2013
Rep Points: 682
3. Tuesday, November 12, 2013 - 6:31 PM
We should be re-listing Nationwide Bank rates soon. We sometimes temporarily delist rates when there is some question about the accuracy.

If you can't find the rates in the table, search for the bank or credit union in our bank rates page. That will tell you if we don't list the rates or if they're just being reviewed.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,442 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 123,743