Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Banc Of California Former Pacfic Trust Bank ONE Account Rate

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 11:35 AMBanc of California - Details
Today 12/31/13 CSR stated the APR for the One account for 250K will be 1.10.

Yesterday I called to find out what it would be and they would not tell me, so I decided to move my to Ally Bank yesterday and Ally moved fast :) I think the only reason they told me the rate was because they saw my money being moved.  I thought it would go under 1%, that's why I moved it.
smcsmc19 posts since
Dec 19, 2011
Rep Points: 39
1. Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 5:36 PM
I was told by a Bank of California Rep today that the interest rate on my "The One Account" would drop to 1.10%, 1/1/14.  She also informed me that if I opened a second account, "The Preferred Account" and deposited $250K new money that i would manintain 1.25% rate on both accounts.  I decided to open the second account in my husbands name.  It takes a lot of money in these accounts to gain the 1.25% interest rate but it is liquid funds and this rate is hard to find, even better than opening CD rates.
Patricia BurlesonPatricia Burleson3 posts since
Dec 31, 2013
Rep Points: 14
2. Tuesday, January 7, 2014 - 2:10 PM
Confirmed!  The information I first reported on is correct.  However, the "One Account" changed rates from 1.25% to 1.10% on 1/6/14.  I did convert my "One Acct" to the "Preferred Acct" today and opened a "Preferred Acct" for my husband.  With new money ($250K) the process was pretty simple.  Mail a color DL picture, and have their signature card notorized.  We had the funds available because an old CD matured recently.  The rate 1.25% is better than many CD's and the funds are liquid.
Patricia BurlesonPatricia Burleson3 posts since
Dec 31, 2013
Rep Points: 14
3. Tuesday, January 7, 2014 - 3:21 PM
it wasn't the case for me when I called the last week.
Rep told me that only 0.30% is avail and no any other promo.
My account was transferred to American West through, may be there is diff between Bank of Cali and Am West, not sure.
So I started moving out of Am West.
mikek753mikek7535 posts since
Feb 24, 2012
Rep Points: 28
4. Wednesday, January 8, 2014 - 1:51 AM
America West Bank took over some accounts while others stayed when Banc of California after they sold location of Pacific Trust.  I decided to move my money to HABBANK 12-month CD 1.15 APY, when I visited the branch I was able to get a "bump" to 1.20 APY. They will open a checking account at the sametime with this promotion. Per the CSR that opened the account for me, as long as I have the CD above $1500 there would be no fees. One thing I liked about it, was they offered to have interest deposited into the checking account.
smcsmc19 posts since
Dec 19, 2011
Rep Points: 39