Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Budgeting and Taxes

Missing 1099-INT From Your Bank Or Credit Union?

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 5:37 AM
If you haven't received a 1099-INT from your bank or credit union, check to see how much interest you might have earned in 2013. If it's under $10, that could be the reason you did not receive the 1099-INT.

Another possibility is that the 1099-INT may only be available online. You may have to log into your account and download the 1099. That's the case for Capital One 360 (formerly ING DIRECT).

Of course you can always contact the institution about the missing 1099.

This About.com article has a few other useful tips about tracking down missing tax documents.

Did you have trouble receiving any bank tax documents?
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,442 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 123,699
1. Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 9:10 AM
I managed to get all of my 1099-INTs but I called ahead and told them I do my taxes early.  They prefer I get them online but I insisted on the paper document for my files and didn't feel I should have to print them all out online.  What I didn't get was any IRS forms I ordered except the Estimated Tax Vouchers which came after I had already printed it out online, paid and mailed it.  It seems the IRS thinks everyone should have a computer and do everything online.  There are still a few of us "old-timers" left who like doing it the old fashion way.  With "paper".  In the New World, the young generation won't know what paper was unless they see it in some museum!
paoli2paoli21,142 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 5,091
2. Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 8:20 PM
> Another possibility is that the 1099-INT may only be available online.
>
This is also the case for USAlliance Federal Credit Union:

Important Reminder Regarding Documents from USAlliance

Starting February 10, 2014, you’ll no longer receive paper notices from USAlliance.
Notices include but are not limited to:

Statements                              Annual IRA Statement
Tax Documents                       Courtesy Pay Notice
Certificate of Maturity Notice   Non-Sufficient Funds Notice
Loan Payment Reminders       Annual Escrow Notice

You’ll receive an email from us notifying you that you have an eDocument available.
To view, simply sign on to Internet Banking and click on the Statements tab on the
left side navigation bar, then select the Notices tab.
cumuluscumulus297 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 1,370