Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Americans On The Bottom Of List Of 25 Countries For Confidence In Investing.

Sunday, March 2, 2014 - 9:06 AM
Ally6770Ally6770937 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 2,727
1. Sunday, March 2, 2014 - 12:46 PM
Is it possible that history won't have to repeat itself and US investors have learned to be more cautious about risking their money in the stock market.  Yesterday Susie Ormond was on tv speaking about places for young people to put their money for retirement.  She recommended only putting it in the stock market if you were in your 30's or maybe 40's and had enough years to recoup any losses since no one can predict what it will do during any interim. 
Is it being a "scaredy-cat" to want to be able to depend on getting back the money you save when you are in your senior years?  What good are savings if when you need the money it is no longer there or just a small fraction is because you need it in a year the market is down?  I don't like roller coasters and I definitely would not be one to ride the stock market rollercoaster.
paoli2paoli21,401 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,135
2. Sunday, March 2, 2014 - 1:08 PM
I do not have the intestinal fortitude to invest or gamble in the market. Was in it only for the most beneficial years 1995 to 1999 and still could not sleep night. Am in CD's and could care less that I missed out in another great invest time during 2008 through 2013 and maybe longer. I want to conserve what I have and not loose any. I could care less if I am called a scaredy cat. Notice this post was on CNBC that only has guests that make their money by funds that charge fees. Have not seen fee only people on their programs just people that make their living off the people that they put in their funds. Just put this out for comment. 
Jan 16, 2010
3. Sunday, March 2, 2014 - 1:13 PM
Remember Suze Orman and Jim Frazier both were caught up in the  Dow 30,000 book by Jim Glassman out in the 1990's. Both gave bad investment advice to their listeners. Suze Orman now gives advice on saving and no debt vs the market advice. She also said on one her interviews that she had 20 million of her money invested in bonds. 
Jan 16, 2010
4. Sunday, March 2, 2014 - 2:02 PM
Gee, I can’t imagine why they are afraid…

“According to the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency’s fourth quarter report for 2011, about 95% of the $230 trillion in US derivative exposure is held by four US financial institutions: JP Morgan Chase Bank, Bank of America, Citibank, and Goldman Sachs. The staggering size of this market is beyond science fiction or anything that can be comprehended. The entire economic policy of the United States has been dedicated to saving these four banks that are too big to fail. Yes, the main purpose of QE is to keep the prices up to support the debt on which banks have loaned money.”

Advancing Time: Derivatives A House Of Cards
ShorebreakShorebreak2,683 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,546