Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Wells Fargo’s $100 Checking Account Bonus - May Be Targeted

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 5:31 PMWells Fargo Bank - Details
This appears to be targeted, but I thought it was worth a forum post. According to the offer’s small print, “Offer may not be: Transferred, and is available only to recipients of the direct mail or email.” I was told essentially the same thing when I called. If you give this promo a try and have better luck on the phone or at a branch, please leave a comment. If they tell you that you qualify for this promo, make sure you get it in writing.

Here’s the summary of the promo:

promo link: Wells Fargo - Checking Accounts

Excerpt from the promo page (direct deposit is not required)
Now through April 18, 2014, take advantage of a special $100 offer for select Wells Fargo customers when you open a new Wells Fargo consumer checking account and, within 60 days, either use your debit card to make 10 purchases or payments or set up a qualifying direct deposit.
[...]
All Wells Fargo consumer checking accounts are eligible for this offer, including non-interest-earning checking accounts, except Teen Checking account.
I have more info on Wells Fargo checking accounts and fees in this old blog post.

You may also be interested in my poll on Wells Fargo Checking Account Bonus Payout Reputation.

Credit for this find goes to FW member doctorofcredit who posted it in this FW thread.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,469 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,077