Tuesday, April 22, 2014 - 9:05 PMDiscover Bank
Got is private message from Discover Bank today. It appears they are going away from adding our 10 cents per transaction every month and only allowing us to cash in when we accumulate $20 worth.That's 200 transactions. I only use it 4-6 times per month which means over 3 years before I can cash in.Im not sure it worth bothering with so Im considering closing the account.I did get the $50 opening bonus and the 10 cents per since the account has been opened.I guess I might shoot them an email telling them Im considering closing my account because of it.It doesn't appear to be account specific although I did have to log into my account to read it.That is, I haven't been abusing it in any way. I mostly just use the card when shopping at Aldi or the dollar store.---------------------Thank you for choosing a Discover Cashback CheckingSM account. We will be making some changes on July 1, 2014 that will make it easier to track your rewards activity in your Cashback Checking account.- Your Checking Cashback Bonus rewards earned starting July 1, 2014 will now be separate from your Discover Card Cashback Bonus. To combine rewards, you will be able to transfer your Checking Cashback Bonus to your Discover Card Cashback Bonus in increments of $20. Any rewards earned prior to July 1, 2014 will remain in your Discover Card Cashback Bonus Account.- You will be able to access your Checking Cashback Bonus balance and activity, as well as redeem or transfer your rewards online at DiscoverBank.com.- A summary of your rewards activity will also be included on your monthly Cashback Checking statement.- You may earn Checking Cashback Bonus rewards for debit card purchases, Online Bill Pay transactions initiated at DiscoverBank.com and checks up to 100 transactions per month.- At DiscoverBank.com, you may redeem your Checking Cashback Bonus for:
• Cash in the form of a credit to your Cashback Checking Account – in $20 increments.
• A transfer to a Discover Credit Card Cashback Bonus – in $20 increments.Effective July 1, 2014, Section 12 of the Deposit Account Agreement will be replaced by the below language:(12) CHECKING REWARDS AND INCENTIVESYou may earn Checking Cashback Bonus rewards based on qualifying activity in your Cashback Checking Account. Eligible customers will earn Checking Cashback Bonus rewards of $0.10 for: (i) each debit card POS purchase transaction, (ii) each check written, or (iii) each Online Bill Pay transaction that is initiated in the Discover Bank Account Center and successfully completed. Eligible customers can earn Checking Cashback Bonus rewards on up to 100 transactions, in any combination of the above, per calendar month.Rewards will typically be posted to your Checking Cashback Bonus account the Business Day following your statement end date. Account must be open when rewards are posted.You may redeem your Checking Cashback Bonus on DiscoverBank.com. You may redeem your Checking Cashback Bonus for:
• Cash in the form of a credit to your Cashback Checking Account – – in $20 increments.
• A transfer to a Discover Credit Card Cashback Bonus – in $20 increments. Once rewards have been transferred to a Discover Credit Card Cashback Bonus account, they will be governed by the Discover Card Cashback Bonus Terms and Conditions and the rewards cannot be transferred back to the Checking Cashback Bonus account; and/or
• Other redemption options advertised on Discoverbank.com from time to time.Please note that you may only redeem your Checking Cashback Bonus if your Checking Account is open with a $0 or positive balance. For full details about redemption methods and amounts, visit DiscoverBank.com.Rewards do not expire, but if your Checking Account is closed for any reason, any Checking Cashback Bonus will be forfeited. In the unfortunate event your debit card or account number is lost or stolen, or we issue you a new account number for any other reason, we will transfer your Checking Cashback Bonus to your new Account.We may adjust the amount of the reward due to irregular, unauthorized or fraudulent activity in the Checking Account. We may offer additional incentives for establishing a Checking Account and/or maintaining one with certain types of activity.Sincerely,Discover Bank Customer Service
73 posts since
Jan 21, 2011
Rep Points: 409
1. Monday, April 28, 2014 - 12:09 PM
Is there a better cash back checking account out there?