Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Shareplus Bank Being Acquired By Green Bank

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 6:53 AMShareplus Bank - Details
Received a notice in the mail that Shareplus Bank based in Plano, TX is being acquired by Green Bank which is based in Houston,TX. Transition should be finalized by the third quarter in 2014.
FARFAR106 posts since
Feb 26, 2013
Rep Points: 381
1. Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 9:08 AM
Thanks for sharing this info.  We used to do business with Shareplus but their CD interest rates dropped too low for me to continue.  I had been checking them recently to see if their rates had increased but have found nothing online so far to show they have been bought out.  Maybe Green Bank will give better interest but I doubt it.

BTW, just checked their online page.  They do have a notice now about "Going Green" and info about the buy out.  Wonder if Green will keep the same branches outside of Texas.
paoli2paoli21,372 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,011
2. Friday, June 20, 2014 - 1:51 PM
Just got a call from an agent at Shareplus Bank today concerning their latest CD rates.  I asked her if Green Bank was going to keep the rates when they took them over and she said they would.  I don't think I would put stock into this until the buy out goes through and we find out what Green Bank really decides to do.  She didn't have anything for even 2% so I was not interested in doing business with them.  These buy outs don't always go through.  It will be interesting to see if Green Bank actually takes them over. 
paoli2paoli21,372 posts since
Aug 10, 2011
Rep Points: 6,011