Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Atlanta National Bank Has A 3.51% Yield On Its 5-Year CD

Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 11:40 AMThe Atlanta National Bank - Details
This is my first thread and post at this great site.  I thought I'd pass on a great 5-year rate (3.46)/yield (3.51) at Atlanta National Bank in Atlanta, IL.  They have a second location in McLean, IL about 5 miles away.  I actually found this offer listed at bankingmyway.com earlier this month.  Atlanta National Bank only takes local funds, but for me it was worth the 2.5 hour drive yesterday.  Also, note that Bankrate.com gives them a solid 4-star rating.  Hope this info helps.

tomlawlertomlawler21 posts since
May 22, 2010
Rep Points: 82
1. Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 1:14 PM
Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum. That is a great rate these days, and it's nice to see it available from a financially strong bank.

For those who want more details about their financials, you can click on the "The Atlanta National Bank" link on top of the thread. In addition to the financial info and ratings we provide (based on FDIC data), we also have a link to Bankrate's ratings page for this bank.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,472 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,708
2. Saturday, June 12, 2010 - 8:19 PM
Thank you, Ken.  Your site steered me toward a 4.00% CD (10-yr)  at Morton Community Bank in April  (now 3.70%) and I am very thankful for seeing it here   By the way, the Broadway Federal Bank 3.56% 6-year CD in L.A., CA is no longer viable--dropping a full percentage point.   I know this because it was my first choice a few days ago, but they informed me that the rate had just changed.  I then quickly switched to Atlanta National Bank's 5-year CD.
tomlawlertomlawler21 posts since
May 22, 2010
Rep Points: 82