Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Rate Changes, Deals and Promotions

Chase Realcash Debit Card Reward Program

Sunday, August 8, 2010 - 11:13 AMChase Manhattan Bank - Details
I just noticed Chase advertising this debit card reward program. Click on the details link to see the official details.

The main issue that I noticed is a $25 annual fee.

Other features include:
  • You will earn up to 3% cash back for qualifying purchases made at the Program's participating merchant categories
  • The percent cash back earned from qualifying purchases made at participating merchant categories will depend on the total amount of qualifying purchases made across all merchants and billers for any given calendar month.
  • There is a $500 cap on the cash back amount that can be earned during a calendar year
  • one-time $10 Chase RealCash Debit Card bonus will be automatically awarded to the primary checking account within 6-8 weeks of completing the first qualifying purchase
  • Qualifying purchases include purchases made with your debit card without using a PIN
  • After signing up for your Chase RealCash Debit Card, a $25 annual fee will be automatically deducted from your primary checking account within 1-2 statement cycles
Categories include:
  • grocery stores/supermarkets
  • gas stations (automated fuel dispensers and service stations)
  • drugstores and pharmacies
  • fast food restaurants (including some coffee shops)
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,442 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 123,699
1. Sunday, August 8, 2010 - 4:42 PM
To bad about the $25 annual fee, but I guess it might be a good deal for people who have high debit card spending and don't use credit cards. Your first $500 dollars spent will recoup your first years fee with the $10 dollar bonus. I guess it would depend on how much you used the qualifying merchants.
tightwadtightwad27 posts since
Jun 7, 2010
Rep Points: 856
2. Wednesday, September 1, 2010 - 9:09 AM
Has anyone had a problem not recieving cash back on some obvious purchases. I made non-pin purchases at Dunkin Donuts and Super Stop and Shop. neither were credited to me. They are telling me it depends on how the store reports their transactions. How else iwould these merchants be classified but Coffe Shop and Supermarket?

eureka826eureka8261 posts since
Sep 1, 2010
Rep Points: 1
3. Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 11:10 AM
Eureka826, The same thing I thought when I first started using the card...one taco shop counted as fastfood and another did not.  Now I only use the one that counts towards my realcash...it takes trial and error to find out some of this stuff...

After being on my third month in the program, I can say that i really like it. I have made over 130(real cash categories & Real cash mall shopping).  I made my $25.00 back the first month..

Here is a tip..Walmart reports all their products as "groceries" so look under your groceries section if you ever shop at walmart, which my wife and i do all the time.
HIMHIM1 posts since
Sep 11, 2010
Rep Points: 1