Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

3% CASH (Or GIFT CARD) REWARD On All Debit Card Purchases For 90 Days

Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 2:34 PMPerkStreet Financial - Details
3% cash back for 3 months with NO minimum checking account balance.  You will continue to earn regular perks after the 3-month period (90 days).  Regular Perks are 2% for all debit card (non-pin) transactions on any day your checking account balance is $5000 or more & 1% on days when your balance is under $5000 to start the day.  There is no minimum balance.  The Cash is awarded in the form of prepaid VISA gift cards ranging from $25-$100.  If you choose store gift cards, redemptions start in increments of $5.

The Fine Print (there’s nothing in here we wouldn’t be proud to tell our mothers about)

For the person who is being referred by the existing PerkStreet customer

If you enter a valid reference code in the online application, you will earn 3% cash back for all non-PIN debit card purchases you make for the first 90 days, starting when your account is open. After the 90 days you’ll continue to earn rewards for non-PIN debit card purchases as outlined in the account terms found at www.perkstreet.com. You must be a new customer to qualify. The person referring you must be eligible to make referrals as determined by PerkStreet.

Additional account terms can be found at www.perkstreet.com. We may modify or cancel this offer at any time. Any and all determinations regarding eligibility for this offer are at PerkStreet’s sole discretion. You must open an account by September 15th, 2010 to qualify.

I am one of 30 customers to have received this offer.  I have written communication from the CEO of PerkStreet that I can refer an unlimited number of new customers and they will all be eligible for this amazing deal.  Contact me via a private message via this forum & I will send you my referral reference code that you'll need to enter on page 2 of the account application to receive 3% back instead of 2% for 90 days.  This is an unadvertised, invitation only offer.
mbregmanmbregman6 posts since
Aug 19, 2010
Rep Points: 12
1. Friday, August 20, 2010 - 6:11 AM
Note, mbregman emailed me the details of this offer along with the info he received from the CEO, and it looks like a good deal. I would have posted on it, but the referral reference code is not meant to be displayed publicly. So the forum and the use of our private messsage system is a better way to distribute the referral code.

For those not familiar with private messsages on this forum, just click the user name link on the left of the forum post (mbregman link above). On the next page, just click "send private messsage".

Once you have the code, you can register at Perkstreet Financial. Just click the Perkstreet Financial link at the top of the thread.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,469 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,249
2. Friday, August 20, 2010 - 7:51 AM
Note: IF YOU ALREADY HAVE a PERKSTREET account, your spouse is still eligible for this new offer to earn 3% for 90 days.  Just send me a private message and I will respond today with the special offer referral code.
Aug 19, 2010
3. Friday, August 20, 2010 - 4:27 PM
One other piece of useful information.  If you don't use the underlying free checking account every month, you are charged a $4.50 inactivity fee.  Fortunately, use of the associated debit card qualifies as activity.  In any case, be sure to have some activity between tax payments to avoid this extra fee.

ravrav36 posts since
Apr 21, 2010
Rep Points: 147
4. Friday, August 20, 2010 - 5:02 PM
Very good point, but again, with a 3% rebate, I would think everyone would want to use this debit card for a lot of purchases besides taxes, so this shouldn't be a problem.  Even after 90 days at 2% (with a $5000 balance), it's a good deal, as very few credit cards pay 2% on categories other than gas, groceries or a few other categories.  But yes, make sure you use the card, or make deposit or have some other form of activity each month to avoid the $4.50 fee.  It's never come close to being an issue for me.
Aug 19, 2010
5. Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 9:20 AM
Is the code still active? I am in the process of opening an account there and would love to get the code. thanks
Saphira2021Saphira20211 posts since
Oct 26, 2011
Rep Points: 1