Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Peer-To-Peer Lending: Lending Club Appoints New CFO From Charles Schwab (NASDAQ: SCHW)

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 6:54 PM
I've never tried one of the peer to peer lending facilities, but I'm always pondering it.  Now, I wonder if this move makes lending club a "safer" choice.  Any thoughts?  (BOLD mine)

http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2010/08/19/lending-club-appoints-new-cfo-from-charles-schwab-nasdaq-schw/
Dolan will be responsible for Lending Club’s overall financial management. She previously worked at Charles Schwab as a senior vice president. She was also previously CFO of Schwab Bank, which she helped launch in 2003. In 2007, Dolan restructured Schwab’s capital position and managed the company’s capital and liquidity positions throughout the financial crisis.

“I’m excited to join the Lending Club team,” Dolan said. “The company has quickly established itself as an innovator and leader within the new generation of financial services providers, and I look forward to helping it manage the next stage of its growth.”

Before working at Schwab, she Dolan had worked in a number of positions at Chevron (NYSE: CVX) in financial analysis, management, reporting, accounting and credit. During her time at Chevron, she helped launch Chevron Credit Bank, where she was a member of its board of directors and served as its CFO. Dolan has a B.A. in Finance and an MBA from the Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley.

MikeMike327 posts since
Feb 22, 2010
Rep Points: 876
1. Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 8:36 PM
They claimed to have made improvements which should cut down on defaults. I touched on this in a previous thread. Hopefully, that will continue with this new CFO.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,469 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,077