Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

One Downside With Discover Bank - No CD Disclosure Available Online

Monday, September 6, 2010 - 4:01 PMDiscover Bank - Details
I do like Discover Bank's new account center (see my Discover Bank savings account review). Plus, I appreciate them grandfathering me in on a higher yield for the online savings account than what's listed for new accounts (1.50% APY vs 1.35% APY for new accounts as of 9/06/2010). However, I'm disappointed in Discover's customer service when I asked if they could either provide me with a link to the online CD disclosure or if they could email me the PDF of the disclosure. I was hoping to review the disclosure to check for things like the right of the bank to refuse an early withdrawal or other potential gotchas. Here is the reply I received via the secure email:
Currently we do not have the terms and conditions available online and I am unable to scan and send any attachments. You are welcome to look at the FAQ online for questions and we have knowledgeable representatives you can call that can also answer any questions.

Ken TuminKen Tumin5,471 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,600
1. Monday, September 6, 2010 - 6:15 PM
I thought disclosures had to be available for every account. I know that a disclosure must be given at time of opening an account. I guess Discover Bank is taking this literally. AGAIN IT SEEMS BUYER BEWARE. How sad.
Ally6770Ally6770930 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 2,704
2. Wednesday, September 8, 2010 - 8:04 AM
edlisaledlisal13 posts since
Sep 8, 2010
Rep Points: 37