Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Rate Changes, Deals and Promotions

Ouachita Independent Bank Reduces Its Nationwide Reward Checking Rate

Friday, September 10, 2010 - 4:31 PMOuachita Independent Bank - Details
The top yield fell from 3.15% APY to 3.01% APY for balances up to $25K. Ouachita Independent Bank continues to offer the reward checking account nationwide, and it can be opened online.

There are not many nationwide reward checking accounts left with yields over 3.01% for $25K balance caps.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,442 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 123,754
1. Monday, October 18, 2010 - 12:18 AM
Horrible experience with this bank, Applied online and they ran me through check systems only to let me know that there are multiple names associated with my SSN, my date of birth is incorrect, and my address is not matching.

My first conversation around this issue with the personnel who sent me this email from the bank turned out to be frustrating as she was taking a position like I am some kind of scammer instead of trying to find options to properly request further identifying information. After this I asked to speak to her supervisor and she won’t transfer me saying she’s the person in charge. After persisting she said I she would ask her supervisor to give me a call. Over the call I was informed that they used a third party which in turns currently goes through check systems but is transitioning so he will provide me the details to contact the third party

Finally got an generalized email from the bank asking to contact chexsystem while all the while I have my recently ordered chexsystems in front of me. After this I successfully opened 3 online RCAs online and in person without the tiniest of issues (smooth as a slide). It could have been as easy as the bank entering incorrect information from the application submitted (only if they would listen)

No thank dont want to deal with banks having ****ty rep and superiors

recklessmaxrecklessmax12 posts since
Oct 18, 2010
Rep Points: 27