Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to General Questions/Other

New Ally Bank Commercials: The Interview, The Dog And The Rock Band

Sunday, October 3, 2010 - 7:04 AMAlly Bank - Details
Last night I noticed Ally Bank has come out with new commercials. They made a major change. They no longer feature kids. The new theme is "do you love your bank".

The ad I saw on TV yesterday was the "Interview" in which the manager asks the job candidate (whose name is Peter) "What makes Peter Peter?" In addition to answers like "I can my own homemade jams, apricot", he says "I really love my bank's Raise Your Rate CD.". The manager doesn't understand what he says, and asks: "You want a pay raise ASAP? ... You spent 8 days lost at see? ... You love watching your neighbors watch TV?"

Here's Ally Bank's YouTube page which has a video of this ad and two other ones that I haven't yet seen on TV. One is a rock band in a studio recording a song which includes the lyrics "love my bank". The other one is a woman who shows off her dog Rufus to her boy friend. She shows the boy friend a trick she taught Rufus: saying "we love our bank".

These ads are pretty good (I like the Interview the best), but I think the ads with the kids are better.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,442 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 123,713
1. Sunday, October 3, 2010 - 7:26 PM
Save the ad money and pay bigger dividends!
tightwadtightwad27 posts since
Jun 7, 2010
Rep Points: 856
2. Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 10:44 PM

Dear friends

I like The Interview, The Dog And The Rock Band

very much.

Very useful for me.

If you have some time, pls visit my blog at: Bank manager interview questions

Rgs

chu082011chu0820111 posts since
Apr 12, 2012