Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to General Discussion

Another Major Finance Related Blog Is Removed By Google

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 10:47 AM
It has been almost a year since Google mysteriously removed my old blogspot Bank Deals blog. After some work and some help from readers, Google finally restored the blog. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that anymore now that I blog here at DepositAccounts.com.

The reason I brought this up is that another major finance-related blog seems to have been removed by Google. It's Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis. It has been down since early this morning, and it remains down as of 10:45am CST (11/12/2010). It's a major economics blog that gets tons of traffic.

I haven't heard from Mish, but the problem appears very similar to what happened to me last year. I emailed Mish some tips that helped me resolve the issue last year. I hope Google can do the same quick restore on Mish's blog as they did with my blog last year.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,441 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 123,675
1. Friday, November 12, 2010 - 12:09 PM
The blog has been restored. Mish provided the following comment at his blog about what happened:
I do not know what happened  
I picked a bad day to sleep in.  
I suspect someone tried to hack my blog or email account and Google shut it down until I verified my account.  

It happened once before 

Ken TuminKen Tumin5,441 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 123,675