From the Calculated Risk Blog
As anticipated, the Unofficial Problem Bank List rose above 900 as the OCC released its actions through the middle of October 2010 today. Net additions were 5 institutions, which pushed the list total to 903. Assets increased this week by $1.13 billion pushing the aggregate total to $419.6 billion.
Here are the 9 additions this week. Note, Sonoran Bank is one. This bank just recently stopped accepting new applications for its reward checking account.
- Mid-Wisconsin Bank, Medford, WI
- First National Bank South, Alma, GA
- Farmers State Bank, Victor, MT
- Madison National Bank, Merrick, NY
- United Americas Bank, National Association, Atlanta, GA
- San Antonio National Bank, Refugio, TX
- First Federal Bank, A FSB, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Santa Clara Valley Bank, National Association, Santa Paula, CA
- Sonoran Bank, N.A., Phoenix, AZ
We have another type of an unofficial problem bank list in our new Texas Ratio table
. You can sort by state, bank size or by instutition type (bank or credit union). All three banks that failed yesterday were on the worst list (we'll be removing those soon).