Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Any Online Credit Union Suggestions Open To Anyone To Qualify For Sprint Discount

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 5:26 PMAlliant Credit Union - Details
Can anyone recommend a Credit Union that anyone can qualify for & easily open online to enable a Sprint Discount.

Someone asked me to find out & I thought DepositAccounts.com may have a sound recommendation for this or other easy to acquire Sprint Discounts, -Thanks

Refs:

Credit Union & Sprint

Sprint Offers - get 10% off and $50 | Alliant Credit Union - Perhaps CorpID: NAUAL_ZAL_ZZZ may be enough but not everyone seems to qualify

Membership | Eligibility | Alliant Credit Union
InterestYieldsInterestYields5 posts since
Aug 23, 2010
Rep Points: 14
1. Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 7:27 PM
ALLIANT is about as easy to open online as any CU
pdxmalepdxmale91 posts since
Jul 11, 2010
Rep Points: 271
2. Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 8:29 PM
ALLIANT is about as easy to open online as any CU

What about the following eligibility requirements (Do others not have such requirements)?:

Membership | Eligibility | Alliant Credit Union

"Who can Join Alliant Credit Union?

Alliant membership is an exclusive benefit available to individuals who meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
Aug 23, 2010
3. Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 8:58 PM
Most are far more stringent.

All you have to do is join the local PTA.

Pretty simple
pdxmalepdxmale91 posts since
Jul 11, 2010
Rep Points: 271
4. Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 4:22 AM
Any other reputable CUs that can be opened online anywhere domestically with a deposit & app quickly without additional requirements..? -Thanks
Aug 23, 2010
5. Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 4:03 PM
If you're not already within a credit union's field of membership, your only other way in is through an association if you are lucky and such an option is available. 

As pdxmale pointed out, the PTA is an easy one to join to qualify for membership with Alliant.  I joined my local PTA for $5 - the other option was a national membership which was $15 or so, if I recall correctly.   The local PTA eventually sent me the card attesting to my membership, but in the meantime I had my cancelled check and a copy of the application as submitted in case I was asked to present proof. 

Only you can decide if a one-time $15 expense measured against the considerable savings that I assume you will reap ongoing from the Sprint discount is worthwhile.
pearlbrownpearlbrown1,479 posts since
Nov 2, 2010
Rep Points: 6,432