Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Rate Changes, Deals and Promotions

Delta Trust HSA

Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 5:19 PMDelta Trust & Bank
I have been searching for a bank with a decent rate for a Health Savings Account. I am in the process of setting up an account with this Arkansas bank.

They are paying 1% on deposits up to $3,000; 1.55% on 3,000 to 9,999 and 2.32% for anything over that amount. This is FDIC insured with no annual fees.

I have no connection with the bank and don't live in the state.

Jim
jcgc50jcgc504 posts since
Jan 7, 2011
Rep Points: 24
1. Monday, March 7, 2011 - 2:36 PM
For what it is worth before I completed the application process for Delta I found through this website The Adirondack Trust Company in New York.

They are paying 5% on an HSA, no fees. Deposit Accounts shows them only when searching nationwide and local. In a call to them I found that anyone can open one. I was also told that the rate is dropping to 3% as of May 1, 2011. I asked how long they had been paying 5% and they said since the inception of the account in 2006.

I went through the online application and found two issues. First while you can open the account with an electronic transfer the limit is $2,000. You can open the account online with a $0 balance and mail a check which is what I am doing. The account showed up the same day I opened it and I was able to access it online. The second issue is that nowhere in the online app process do they ask what year the contribution is for which is another reason I mailed in a check as I am making the 2010 contribution.

You can't set up ACH through them but if your bank allows you to initiate ACH transfers you can presumably set it up with them that way. I have started that process hopefully, it won't create an issue.

Jim
jcgc50jcgc504 posts since
Jan 7, 2011
Rep Points: 24