Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Testing The Banks' Customer Service Operations

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 11:35 AM
The Boston Globe reports on its test of response times and phone manners of six Boston area banks. There weren't any "big problems", but the large banks tended to take longer. Here's what it said about Bank of America:
Giant-sized Bank of America, with menus offering a lot of different choices, presented the most challenges to getting the answers to the above questions.

The Globe also included some tips for dealing with customer service operations. I found this interesting for the tip on dealing with resolving errors:
The number one most useful question to ask is, "I know these things can happen. What would you do if you were in my shoes?"

Ken TuminKen Tumin5,472 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,708
1. Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 1:02 PM
I found their final tip on dealing with resolving errors to be even more interesting:
When all else fails, scream: Some interactive voice response systems are programmed to recognize screams and profanities. Let it rip, and you may be patched through to a human.

Then again, you may be hauled off to the looney bin by those nice young men in their clean white coats....
StewieStewie56 posts since
Jan 18, 2010
Rep Points: 318