Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Pen Fed Branch Offices Are Useless

Saturday, August 20, 2011 - 12:53 PMPentagon Federal Credit Union
PENFED  branches  "unable to process mailed deposits"  and    " are not staffed to accept calls from members" .

UNBELIEVABLE !!!

I see 4 year olds answering a phone call and being able to communicate with the caller.  I also see these same kids being able to open mail and remove the contents and deliver it to people who are able to read it.

I use several banks & cu's and this one is the only one who has not been able to hire people that can answer a phone or open the mail. 

I am able to contact any office/branch location via phone and can mail my deposits to any branch loaction at any of these other banks / cu's that I use and know it will be taken care of  ---NOT at penfed.

Let me know if you want the names of a good bank or c/u that you can trust to take your call and handle the mail.

I p/f would put as much effort in to training the people they have to use a phone and how to handle mail as they do sending me unsolicted emails concerning their "services" , maybe they wouldn't be losing as many members as they are.

Apparently the branch offices are either empty or there are humans strolling about with their heads stuck COMPLETELY up their ****.
diamondxdiamondx72 posts since
Jan 19, 2011
Rep Points: 168
1. Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 7:15 AM
What's so difficult for you to call the PenFed call center or send your deposit to the address specified? If you insist on being so petty, please discontinue doing business with my credit union, which I have had no difficulties with as a member for many years.
ShorebreakShorebreak2,603 posts since
Apr 6, 2010
Rep Points: 14,091
2. Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 8:25 AM
The "call center" and" the address specified"     MAKE THE BRANCH OFFICES USELESS. 

I don't want to talk to someone in bumphu* india --I want to talk with someone in headupthebu** texas.

I  thought I could find a local branch and make a in person deposit , but instead of driving 200 miles each way I assumed that I could simply mail it and it would be posted to my account in a few days.  I'm sorry for using the mail , but would have been really mad if I drove the 400 miles to find out the branch office could not process my deposit. I am again assuming that if they can not process a mail deposit, they surely can not process a in person deposit.

I have been a member for several years also --but it is not "my" credit union --if it were , alot of people would no longer be employed there.

I have had no issues with them until this ridiculous ordeal.  Seriously , they 'are unable to process mailed deposits"  ?  THEN REMOVE THE ADDRESS FROM THE WEBSITE.      and " are not staffed to accept calls from members" ? --who do you think pays their wages ??????

I think I wil lset up a "call center"   and  "will not process mail from penfed"   ----sound ridiculous ?     ABSOLUTLEY !
Jan 19, 2011
3. Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 9:14 AM
I have found Pen Fed CU to be a superior credit union with excellent response times via call center.  Apparently close to 1 million other members also appreciate the service.  Opening an account is a 5 minute (or less)procedure.   Credit cards are also issued in record time with an almost instantaneous credit check.  Mailing deposits in 2011 seems to be an inferior choice to making ACH transfers from a local bank or CU account.  ACH transfers from most institutions take 1 day . . . why put a deposit in the snail mail and hope for a 2-3 day delivery time and a possible hold on the funds? 
AlanAlan33 posts since
Jun 7, 2010
Rep Points: 206
4. Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 1:54 PM
The issue is the fact that a branch office will not/does not know how to answer the phone or accept deposits  --making it useless.   They can not survive if all they are able to do is apparently hand out money. 
Jan 19, 2011
5. Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 6:14 PM
I think that you've made your point and that you want to mail your deposit to the specific branch you selected and have a rapid credit.  You are not really open to any of the suggestions made so far; e.g., mailing it to PENFED-requested address, ACH, go into the branch, ...  Mind you that you are not the only depositor for PENFED:D 

I am doubtful anyone here can give your further help/suggestions.  I recommend that you bring it to the PENFED executive office for further resolution.

Good luck:-)
51hh51hh1,476 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 6,426
6. Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 6:15 PM
Do the rest of us members a favor diamondx and just close your account. We are pretty much tired of your irrelevant whining about a great financial institution that serves many of our military personnel serving all over the world.
Apr 6, 2010
7. Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 7:38 PM
Do me a favor shorebroke and get in your little go-cart and keep turning left.   Tired of my whining ----don't read the post --how hard is that to figure out ?

and 51hh  ---  I doubt that the branch could process a deposit in person if they are unable to open envelopes. as far as getting in touch with the executive office  ----I WELCOME THAT.   Will not happen if they are unable to answer the phone at a branch. 

I'll stay a member, collect my 5% cd interest &  5% cc cash back and air my legitimate complaints.
Jan 19, 2011
8. Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 8:41 PM
You are just a disgruntled habitual complainer diamondx, that no reasonable financial instution would want as a customer. Obviously you can't take the hint that no one is sympathetic to your case. In fact, it wouldn't be a surprise to discover you are being paid to write phony complaints against PenFed.
Apr 6, 2010
9. Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 8:50 PM
By the way, checkout the post by diamondx on Friday, March 25, 2011 - 8:58 PM to view the history of this guy's insulting mindset.
Apr 6, 2010
10. Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 10:11 PM
wow -- I didn't know you would take criticism of "your" credit union so bad.  Grow up and live with.  Pull out the string and quit your ****in' about someone ****in' about a problem you don't have the ballz to do.

check out any of my posts --- I don't care  --I have nothing to hide.  I got a set and ain't skeered .
Jan 19, 2011
11. Monday, August 22, 2011 - 7:55 AM
I rest my case.
Apr 6, 2010
12. Monday, August 22, 2011 - 11:12 AM
My post was the one that earned the guy's vulgar and insulting response on 3/25.  I have thick skin, but was very surprised that his post was not taken down at the time.   We can have differences of opinion, but we should never forget to be civil in our posts.       IMHO of course. 

Anon1234Anon123412 posts since
Dec 14, 2010
Rep Points: 64
13. Monday, August 22, 2011 - 12:21 PM
DX: With your "nice" attitude toward PENFED (and most likely with all the banks/credit unions you run into), I doubt that you will get anything accomplished according to your preference.  You called all PENFED CSRs incompetent (and more) and what more can they help you?:-)

With the same "friendly" spirit you have toward most (if not all) of us here, I doubt that you can get any help/support from any of us, either.

And, true, you will most likely call those PENFED Exec. people idiots as well:D  Thus it is of little use to contact them. 

Seriously just as a friendly advice, I am sure PENFED people are doing their best to help you; if you happen to get an incompetent CSR, just try another.  But calling every CSRs names is not going to help you.  Why not try with some patience and nicety to accomplish what you want?

By the same token, People here are all trying to help one another; why not show some appreciation and team spirit instead of putting down everybody?

BR,

51hh51hh1,476 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 6,426