Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Some Chase Accounts See Delay In Credit For Deposits

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 - 6:19 AMChase Manhattan Bank - Details
From the NYT Bucks Blog
Because of a delay in the electronic batch posting of transactions on Monday night, some Chase bank accounts were not credited with deposits as they should have been, a bank spokesman said.

Anyone see this type of problem with their Chase accounts? I wonder if this could have caused problems for those pulling funds via ACH.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,469 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,077
1. Wednesday, November 2, 2011 - 7:48 AM
This happens every couple of months but I only do maybe 5-6 transactions a month. If someone uses the account daily, they should be able to determine how frequently this occurs. It seems to happen to me on the billpay side, not the posting of deposits. I appreciate they were upfront and proactively emailed me about a possible problem and offered to pay any late fees:

We want you to know that there was a delay in processing a transaction that was scheduled from one of your Chase accounts for September 27, 2011.  We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.  

Please Note:

Your transaction was sent by September 28, 2011.

If your transaction was for anyone other than Chase (for example, your telephone service, utilities or another financial institution), we want to help. We are contacting many payees to try and prevent late fees from being charged.

However, if your payee charges you a late fee as a result of this delay, please call us at one of the numbers below or visit your nearest Chase branch. We will refund the late fee to you. 

We recommend that you keep this message in case you need to provide information to your payee.

This is not the level of service we know you expect, and know we will work hard to avoid this error in the future. Please be assured that Chase's online security has not been compromised as a result of this error.

Again, please accept our apology and thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please stop by your nearest Chase branch or call us 1-877-CHASEPC (1-877-242-7372).

AtlantaWolfAtlantaWolf40 posts since
Jan 16, 2010
Rep Points: 187