Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Rate Changes, Deals and Promotions

4.09% RCA - Easy To Join - Nationwide- $56.00 BONUS With Referral

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 9:28 PMConsumers Credit Union (IL)
Comsumers promises to keep this rate thru June, 2012

If you need a referral for Consumers, let me know.

I PAY A HIGHER BONUS, in addition to the $50.00 that Consumers pays, THAN ANYONE ELSE.

Contact me at: pdx2iah@aol.com or PM
pdxmalepdxmale93 posts since
Jul 11, 2010
Rep Points: 269
1. Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 9:39 AM
Seriously? I guess all of the other posts in the other threads and elsewhere weren't enough.
JustMeJustMe6 posts since
Jun 11, 2010
Rep Points: 19
2. Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 11:47 PM
Yes, please refrain from spamming this website
schris413schris4138 posts since
Sep 29, 2010
Rep Points: 38
3. Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 12:26 AM
For someone who admits to earning over $10,000 a year in interest from all of your RCAs, why are you stooping so low to spam this site as often as you have?  Do you really think that there's anybody who visits this site that doesn't know that you're offering a bonus to anybody who uses you to refer them to a credit union that requires their customers to make 12 debit card transactions, plus a bill pay and an ACH on an account that only pays interest on deposits up to $10,000.

If I did want to sign up (which I don't), I'd go with Wayward as my referer because he had the good sense to mention the referral bonus once, not a dozen times on multiple threads, most using bold face and all caps.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
dunkerdunker135 posts since
Jun 11, 2010
Rep Points: 403
4. Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 11:08 AM
I agree with 1,2 and 3.  For someone who has been posting for a while and has high rep points he sure has shown poor judgement and even poorer taste in abusing this site for his own ends. 
ohreallyohreally21 posts since
Nov 16, 2011
Rep Points: 81
5. Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 11:26 AM
to #1,#2,#3,#4...

Have you considered that PERHAPS some folks appreciate finding a way to get the bonus when opening an account?

PERHAPS, some folks are in need of a 4% RCA?

While, yes, I do profit, I at least am willing to share those profits. Others will refer and DO NOT share in the profits.

I see it as a service being provided to the readers.

I THOUGHT this site was for the sharing of information., EXACTLY what I am doing.
Jul 11, 2010
6. Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 11:51 AM
There's a difference between sharing information and spamming. For example, mentioning an offer from a bank one time is sharing, inundating the site with that offer that benefits you on multiple occasions is spamming. Using regular type to explain an offer is information, using bold face and caps in virtually every post advertising an ofer that you benefit from is spamming.

It's sad that you can't figure out the difference.
dunkerdunker135 posts since
Jun 11, 2010
Rep Points: 403
7. Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 12:15 PM
I don't buy your excuses.   If folks wanted the bonus they could have just followed the directions in Ken's original post (Ken did his usual great job of being thorough by covering all the details, including the refer-a-friend bonus). 

Yes, this is a site for sharing information but not for profiting in such a shameful manner. 

Ken specifically asked in the original post of the deal that all requests for referrals be limited to one thread.  You posted on that one 6 times, with your "more than any other" spiel 4 times.  Wayward started a thread later that day and you posted your deal 8 times.  Fszy started a thread on 10/29 and you posted the same spiel 5 times.  Then you started this one today.   

That's 19 times.

You used poor judgement and you crossed the line big time.  It's more honorable to admit you made a mistake than to continue to defend your position.  
ohreallyohreally21 posts since
Nov 16, 2011
Rep Points: 81
8. Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 3:35 PM
If this practice is of no benifit to readers, as you suggest, tell me..... why have I had 6 people email me for info..... TODAY ALONE?

It seems to me that those 6 did not repond from the original post.

If there was no interest there would be no need to post. If there was no interest, why would the last post get 180 hits in some 18 hours? Do you suppose that all of those 180 people saw the prior posts and said ---gee I think this is a new post so i will check it out? I think not. I think a signigicant portion of them are intrested in a 4% RCA with a bonus.

Why do you open it ----you seem to already know what it will say, and yet you open it anyway????????  Perhaps you simply enjoy self agravation.

Jul 11, 2010
9. Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 12:06 AM
To #8

There's none so blind as he who will  not see. #6 and #7 made it about as clear as it can be.
JustMeJustMe6 posts since
Jun 11, 2010
Rep Points: 19