Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Comments and Questions

Which Is A Better Name? Reward Checking Or Kasasa?

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 5:32 AM
If you have been following reward checking over the last few years you have probably noticed many banks calling their reward checking accounts Kasasa Cash. They may also have other Kasasa accounts like Kasasa Saver and Kasasa Tunes. This Kasasa brand was developed by BancVue which powers most of the reward checking accounts at community banks and credit unions. I have never liked the Kasasa name, but according to this netbanker article, it might turn out to be a good marketing strategy:
But what I didn't expect was to come home believing its Kasasa strategy might really work. Kasasa launched at FinovateFall 2009 (video here) and is the first major attempt to create a nationwide brand around the checking account. They are trying to do for checking what Visa/MasterCard did for the credit card or what Intel did for PC manufacturers with "Intel inside."

I hope it does succeed. The more marketing success Kasasa has, the more "average Joes" will open accounts, and they will make it easier for the banks to be able to pay the high interest rates to savers with these accounts.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,442 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 123,699
1. Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 5:40 PM
 CONSUMERS CREDIT UNION PAYS 4% UP TO $10K (AND PROMISES TO KEEP IT AT THAT LEVEL THROUGH AT LEAST JUNE 2012), EASY TO JOIN AND AVAILABLE NATIONWIDE.

THEY WILL ALSO PAY A $50.00 BONUS TO OPEN A CHECKING ACCOUNT, AND I WILL PAY AN ADDITIONAL $22.00 FOR ANYONE THAT I REFER.

CONTACT ME BY PM FOR MORE INFORMATION
pdxmalepdxmale93 posts since
Jul 11, 2010
Rep Points: 269