Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts
Back to Rate Changes, Deals and Promotions

M&T Bank: $100 Bonus For My-Choice Checking With Direct Deposit

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 11:58 AMWilmington Trust - Details
See https://raisethegreenflag.com/mychoice/ for details. Easy to set up and fund online; just fax back your signature card, and with a $25 opening deposit (ACH or check) you're good to go! $100 bonus to post within 90 days after first Direct Deposit
NYCDougNYCDoug3 posts since
Jul 6, 2011
Rep Points: 24
1. Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 1:59 PM
Thanks for posting on this promotion. I have some additional details and warnings about potential fees in this October blog post. It's nice to see this promotion is still active.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,442 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 123,699
2. Friday, February 17, 2012 - 7:06 AM
Without the $25 initial funding having even reached my account yet, I've ALREADY received the $100 bonus after processing my Chase trial deposits for setting up ACH. Unheard of -- a bonus only two days after opening the account! [And my employer's payroll Direct Deposit -- I set it at $20, for easy withdrawal -- doesn't even start for at least another two weeks]

SO: So far, so good. Better than expected, in fact . . .

But thanks for the warnings about transfer fees -- and marketing harassment -- in your referenced post and its comments, Ken. An M&T rep already left voice mail for me yesterday, at work, asking for a call back to discuss something "important, but not urgent." [Hmmm. Important to whom, I wonder]
NYCDougNYCDoug3 posts since
Jul 6, 2011
Rep Points: 24