Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

FOMC Preview: Lots Of Talk, Little Action Expected

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 6:53 AM
From the WSJ MarketBeat blog
No major policy changes are expected in [today's] FOMC statement, although discussions about the U.S. economy should offer clues on what the Fed is prepared to do next.

It looks unlikely that we will see any changes until later this year. Economists in the article talk about QE3. I'm also worried that the Fed may extend out its low-rate pledge like it did in January. If the Fed didn't have a dual mandate, I doubt it would be adding a low-rate pledges to its statements. That's why I think it makes sense to push for the Sound Dollar Act that was introduced by Kevin Brady in the House. I have more details on this bill and a petition proposal in this forum thread.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,467 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 124,994
1. Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 11:01 AM
Ken:  I still have not found your Petition proposal concerning Cong. Kevin Brady's "Sound Dollar Act".  I have already sent emails to my senators and reps urging them to support the "Sound Dollar Act".  While we are waiting for you to present your proposal, it would not be a bad idea for posters to send their own emails to their senators and reps urging support, imo.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
ApacheApache43 posts since
Dec 5, 2011
Rep Points: 565