Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Fed ‘Hawk’ Wants Rate Hike This Year Or Next

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 6:33 AM
From the WSJ Real Time Economics blog
“My own belief is that we will need to initiate our somewhat lengthy exit strategy sometime in the next six to nine months or so, and that conditions will warrant raising rates sometime in 2013 or, possibly, late 2012,” [Minneapolis Fed President Narayana Kocherlakota] is expected to say Tuesday in a speech to the Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation

Read more

It should be noted that Kocherlakota isn't a voting FOMC member this year. We can hope that he at least speaks up in the FOMC meetings.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,471 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,632
1. Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 2:41 PM
Thanks Ken  for posting this article and keeping us informed of what is going on with the low savers rates issue. Pres. Kocherlakota is not a voting member of the Fed so we need him to try to convince the voting members to vote for higher interest rates as soon as possible.  I posted our Petition url to a comment on the WSJ article page.  I hope  he sees and reads the stories of how savers are being affected financially by these low rates, and they are willing to voice their anger in the Petition, he will try harder to convince the voting members.

If any of our members have not yet signed the Petition and will the url is:

http://signon.org/sign/the-feds-zero-percent

Thank you so much Ken for helping us with this campaign.

APACHE/Britelite
ApacheApache43 posts since
Dec 5, 2011
Rep Points: 565
2. Wednesday, April 11, 2012 - 6:34 PM
Dont smudge your warpaint over this Apache

Janet Yellen says rates could stay low until 2015 or later.

Redirect Notice
RicochetRicochet133 posts since
Jan 19, 2010
Rep Points: 364
3. Thursday, April 12, 2012 - 11:42 AM
I'm not worrying about these "back and forths" over interest rates.  For each person who posts it's going "up" we'll always have another stating it's not.  Warpaint will stay intact, thank you.
ApacheApache43 posts since
Dec 5, 2011
Rep Points: 565