Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Ally Bank's Electronic Consent Agreement

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 - 8:25 AMAlly Bank - Details
If you have recently logged into your Ally Bank account, you were probably presented with an agreement which required your consent for you to gain access to your account. It appears that Ally is pushing customers away from paper statements and communications. I forgot to print out the agreement yesterday when I logged into my account, but I did an online chat with Ally this morning. The CSR copy and pasted the agreement. Below are some relevant exerpts:
To continue accessing your account online, we need your consent to electronically provide account information that includes the required disclosures and other information related to your account
[...]
You can obtain paper copies of Ally Account Information we provide electronically at any time at no charge. To obtain paper copies, simply call us at 1-877-247-ALLY (2559).
[...]
You can withdraw your consent to receive Ally Account Information electronically at any time at no charge. If you withdraw your consent, you won't be able to access your Account online or receive certain electronic communications about your Account, and you will only receive paper Account Statements.

Ken TuminKen Tumin5,472 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,708