Dedicated to Deposits: Deals, Data, and Discussion
Featured Savings Rates
Featured Accounts

Checking Account Bonus At Northwest FCU - YMMV

Sunday, April 22, 2012 - 9:10 AMNorthwest Federal Credit Union - Details
I'm considering this a "your miles may vary" deal since the credit union only revealed this promo to certain members without checking accounts (apparently by mail). It may be targeted. This promotion was mentioned in this FW thread. Details are listed at www.nwfcu.org/happy

NWFCU is offering $300 for opening a new checking account by May 31, 2012 and for establishing direct deposit. Here's a copy of the small print:
Qualifications for checking account apply. New checking account must be opened by 5/31/12. Three (3) consecutive payroll direct deposits of at least $500 each to the new checking account must be received by 7/31/12 to earn bonus. Bonus will be credited to member’s NWFCU checking account on the business day following the third deposit of $500 or greater. Limited time offer effective 4/1/2012. Offer is not transferable to other Northwest Federal members.

I have more details about NWFCU's checking account and membership in this blog post on a past NWFCU promotion. Anyone can qualify for credit union membership via an association membership.
Ken TuminKen Tumin5,469 posts since
Nov 29, 2009
Rep Points: 125,074
1. Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 3:59 PM
A FW member on that thread confirmed that this $300 bonus is targeted. However, there's a $65 bonus that isn't targeted. Here's the message the FW member received:
Thank you for contacting Northwest Federal Credit Union. If you received a promotional mailing from us than you are eligible for the $300 promotion. If you did not you are still eligible for another promotion that we are running that you would receive a $65 bonus for opening a checking account with three consecutive direct deposits of $500 or more. Please let me know if I can provide you with any other information.

Nov 29, 2009
2. Sunday, May 6, 2012 - 10:43 AM
The $65 checking account bonus is now listed at Northwest FCU's website. Here's the link to the promotion page. And here's the offer's small print:
Qualifications for checking account apply. To earn $65 bonus; must be your first checking account with NWFCU and opened between 4/16/12 – 6/30/12. Closed accounts reopened during the promotion period are not eligible. Three consecutive payroll direct deposits of at least $500 each to the new checking account must be received by NWFCU between 4/16/12 – 7/31/12. Bonus will be credited to member’s NWFCU checking account on the business day following the third qualifying direct deposit. The bonus will be reported on your year-end 1099-INT statement. Offer cannot be combined with other direct deposit offers.

Nov 29, 2009